How likely would you be to help fund this charity organization?

Hello, I have big plans underway to design a community based website that is one big, national charity team. I own the domain charitywalker.com and the only part I'm having trouble with is funding the start up of it. The charity team would basically partake in different walks for causes around the US under one unified name. The team participants would be given incentives to reach certain fundraising goals. I would also implement my e-commerce store on this site and use the profits from it as donation money towards maintaining the not-for-profit organization. I have been a volunteer Charity Coordinator for 3 years now and am constantly asked to partake in different charities because of the difference I have made. I am not able to do it all, so instead I came up with this concept of a not-for-profit organization. I do not know where to look for grants...the government websites are almost useless. I am so lost on how to fund this. I was hoping that by doing fundraising for this specific cause, I would be able to afford to do some of the site. I would also need Marketing Materials. How likely would you be to donate or fundraise for a not-for-profit organization of this kind if you were given solid proof that it WOULD be built? What kind of solid proof would you need?
I would like more specific information before I would donate, but I would certainly donate. What percentage of donations would go to charity, and what percentage to "administrative costs"? Who would be the recipients? Would they receive money? Education? Housing? clothing? There are so many questions! You're obviously on the right track. Please keep trying to explain how you expect this to work. Then check out everyone working for the cause, as we hear entireely too much about people who enrich themselves and let those who are to be helped remain in need. Good luck. Keep us all apprised or your progress. And go to every major charity in your area, such as Salvation Army, Red Cross, United Way, etc., and request help in setting up teh program. Somebody did it for them, and they should be willing to share it with you. You might also try universities near where you live and find out how their alumni associations got their charitable sections going.
What a beautiful idea! Keep working on it and, while I don't have much, I look forward to contributing all I can!
Thank you for the "best response". It'll be better when the walks, etc., can include me!