How Many Websites Do You Have? Do They Really Make Money?

Hong Kong
I know some of you own your own websites. How many do you have? What kind of topics are they about? Do they really make money for you? I currently have one on beauty product reviews and a blog on beauty tips. And I am working with a couple friends on a cooking recipe website. My beauty product review website has been on for 2 years and it does generate a bit of pocket money to me (but it's never much). I am sort of looking for a new project and come up with a recipe website, I know there is a lot of "competition" out there, so I don't really have HIGH hopes for it, but it would be nice if it would generate a bit of money *smiles*. So, what kind of programs do you put on your website to generate money.
@Zmugzy (773)
I like the idea of a recipe site. Everyone likes eating so there is always potential there. Did you design the site yourself or get someone else to do it? I've just started a blog about house plants and flowers, I have a website too but I'm kind of stuck as to the subject matter I want to develop on it. I have another site about Shakespeare, but it's pretty basic at the moment. None of them make any money! :-)
Well, hopefully my new site is going to be tasteful and fun at the same time. Even want to include a few cooking tutorials to spice things up! Anyway, I usually download a free template to the site and then start changing things around and customizing it. I am not a professional but I learn something every time. Wish your websites success!
@drannhh (15240)
Too many! I don't work much at making money with them, at least not a lot, because I don't want to be in a position to pay more taxes. I sort of work it to cover my expenses. By earning a bit from my blog I can pay for a nicer platform or maybe even upgrade my computer, but I don't want to make a job of it, being happily retired.
Yea I remember you told me about the tax issue before! Since I am not retired (yet), I have to develop some new projects from time to time *laughs*.
I am interested in your recipe website because I like cooking:) It's good that you have earned some money from your beauty website. As to myself, I have one personal website which it has many various kinds of content. I think it's more like a show. Another is a selling website which allows me to make a little money from it. I also have a photo online album which it contains our family photos there. Lately I have a blog in MSN but it has only two articles. I love China
Wow, I used to have a lot of personal stuff over the web too but then I got really busy and ignore them all *laughs*. What are you selling indeed? You can let me know your site link *smiles*, if it's related to girly stuff, then I could link you from my beauty site. Anyway, I just start building this recipe site since last Saturday and it's not really done (especially the banner, I need one more photo for it to work and now I am having a minor problem with the downloading site *laughs*). You can check it out if you are interested: http://icookeverything.com We will definitely be adding more different recipes there - we work so diligently that you won't believe! Let me know your comments too!