Never Before

@myklj999 (20831)
NEVER BEFORE I saw you today Again, for the first time. You didn't know I was there, Couldn't feel my stare As I gazed at you walking slowly by. The sun glowing on your skin Looking as burnished gold, The breeze teasing your hair like a lover. You smile as you walk by Greeting every one you meet Like an old friend. My mind often wonders Why I don't try, I never say hi As you walk on by. But that would ruin the perfection Of the illusion Every time I see you Again, for the first time. (A little background; this absolutely stunning younger lady walks past the house occasionally. I'm usually inside and just watch as she goes by. She's too young-early to mid 20's- for me to even consider dating or anything-been there done that it doesn't work for me-but if I were 20 years younger...)
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
MyKL..why do you feel you are 20 yrs to old? You are losing out and might find out you have more in common..she sounds lovely..I say..go outside and say hi! At least live a dream sometime right? Have fun..you deserve it!
@myklj999 (20831)
My last marriage really soured me on the notion of age doesn't matter. She was almost 17 years younger, but it may as well have been 70. I look at life totally different than someone that much younger than me does.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
So you are saying that someone who hurt you in the pass is going to screw with your mind forever?..What if the person was in her 50's? Would you go outside and talk then? I'm waiting....
@myklj999 (20831)
Yes. I have no problem with someone 10 years either direction of me.
@skinnychick (6907)
I saw a guy at work like that yesterday. Modelesque and too young for me. But good to look at and made me wish I was younger too. Sigh!!
@tessah (6621)
ya know i never checked yer age until right this moment? people really do worry that a rather large age gap would be difficult.. and in yer case, as you said. youve attempted it and it failed. but id like to point out here that that person wasnt this person.. and just because it didnt work out before doesnt necessarilly mean itd fail again. different people, different circumstances, different situations etc etc. ive done the "older guy" thing plenty, and it obviously always failed.. which is why im now married to a man 11 years younger than i am but i dont beleive it was the ages involved that caused the failure, but more my bad taste in men at the time. i say if you truly wish to know this girl.. introduce yerself..;nods;.. youll never know otherwise if youre letting the "ONE" pass you by outside the window.
Sounds like she just made you 20 years younger. Go ahead, talk to her, ask her for coffee, who knows.
@Annie2 (594)
Umm, you are probably right. If she is in her early 20's there's a good chance that she will be too immature in her life experiences to be a good fit. If you develop any kind of relationship, whether it be acquaintance, friendship or more, you will have lost that mystery, that fantasy of the what-if forever. Sure it was enough to inspire you to write the poem, but that's just it -- it is the whole essence of her elusiveness that inspired your lovely poem. It should remain that way in order to add a spark of interest, of anticipation, of wonderment to your life. Let us know more! Write more!
@myklj999 (20831)
You've hit the nail right on the head! Part of the attraction is the mystery; actually meeting her would ruin the illusion I have of her. Sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality...