Ever Try Selling Stock Photos?

Hong Kong
Been exploring this "selling" stock photos opportunity and wonder if any of you have already tried. What's your experience with it? There are just too many sites now and I don't know where to start. Would appreciate your experience and advice.
@trickiwoo (2702)
I've been selling stock photos for years. When I first started out, all I had was a cheap point and shoot digital camera. Within a few months, I'd earned enough with my stock photos to buy a DSLR. Within a year, I'd purchased many more cameras, lenses, filters, flashes, and equipment. For me, selling stock photography is an excellent source of income. Since photography is such an expensive hobby, I usually end up using my stock earnings to buy camera equipment. As for what sites to sell your images on, the absolute best site I have had the most success on is http://submit.shutterstock.com/?ref=2197 Some other sites I would recommend I have listed on my website: http://www.lindsaydean.com/sellstock.html
Great! Actually to be honest, I was looking forward to your response when I start this discussion. I bookmarked your site awhile back about selling stock photos and I remember that you mentioned it was a good source of income for you. I will check out your site and see if I could be successful too! *smiles*
@sdas86 (6076)
Hi, I tried before but not successful. I think that my photos are not good enough.
You mean no one bought your photos?
@sdas86 (6076)
No one wanted my photos at all. Do you have any tips to make money from photos? Maybe I could join under you. I am not from US/Canada. Any great photos site that I can join to make money. Thanks in advance.
Oh, try http://www.triond.com, you can upload photos there and it pays you per view. It won't give you tons of money but it's better than nothing! Check it out and see if it suits you.
@drannhh (15240)
When I try to study up on those programs my head just spins. There are so many "catches" that I just give up. Good luck and if you find a good one by all means tell your friends.
trickiwoo recommended the best site, maybe we should all check out.
@Elkeliini (265)
• Finland
ah, I hope this thread would go somewhere. I am interested to hear about it myself. Not that I am that much of a photographer, but hey... you never know!. ill follow up on this thread.
Hey should go somewhere now, look at trickiwoo's response. Recommended a few sites to us!
@rabi9634 (420)
Try Alamy and Photoshelter. I'm more committed to Alamy (I'm further along submitting my collection, and I've already had sales), but I am accepted to Photoshelter and kinda in the middle of submitting more to them. My advice to you - pick a traditional stock agency, and stick with it. You'll have better sales when you have a greater collection. If you have lightroom or another software that allows you to keyword your images, add the info before you upload. That way, it's all still with the images should you ever decide to submit to more than one agency. Trust me, you don't want to spend weeks keywording your collection for site A, then have to do it all again for site B. Best off to keyword them on your PC, which stores the info in the data field of the image, then submit to both A and B without having to worry about keywording more than once. Good luck, whichever route you choose.
I have wanted to try. But I really have a lousy camera, waiting for hubby to buy a new one. Will try this out in the near future.