for first time mothers, is it safe to have babies when you are at early thirties

hi im just curious for i heard from a lot of people that giving birth the first time at 30's takes a lot of risk. is this true? what would be the most possible complications with this one? thanks.
@Sillychick (3279)
From what I have heard, the risk goes up after age 35, although more and more women these days are having children well into their 40's without any major complications. I was 30 when I had my son and everything was fine. Your best bet would be to go to the doctor and have a full physical examination and discuss any possible complications that could come up based on your status and medical history, as well as anything you can do to minimize complications.
thanks for the post. :)
@ravinskye (8242)
i don't think there is much risk in your 30's. i think there is more risk in your 40's. but my friends mom was 43 when she had her last kid and she didn't have any trouble. if you are healthy then getting pregnant in your 30's shouldn't be a problem. i've heard of people in their 50's giving birth.
thanks for the information. i know we are on the 21st century so giving birth late is not a big deal anymore especially with the technology that we have. thanks for the post. :)