How powerful is FireFox browser than IE?

@agihcam (1915)
Ok, we know there are huge difference in performance between the two browser. Let's talk about all of these differences, advantages and disadvantages on this discussions. Please give your comparison experience between these two browser.
@ferdzNK (3214)
For me the greatest advantage of Firefox over IE is customization. Both actually has this features but for IE most of the good addons are paid versions. For firefox there are thousand of them to choose from and at no obligations what so ever. I have this FF addon called Custom Button2 that I can't find an equivalent or at least has a similar functionality in IE. This addon with enough background in scripting can enable users to add button to do simple or repetitive commands which speed up browsing experience. Speed maybe a subjective issues between users but with this freedom to do programmable shortcuts I could make firefox even more faster. To date I have all in all 19 addons installed, all doing specific job to aid my browsing experience. With added functionality I have not seen a lag in firefox startup nor did I observe a performance degradation. It remain stable, it has an enhanced security and it consume less window resources.
@agihcam (1915)
This is a good observation from your experienced. Thanks for this sharing this.
@ferdzNK (3214)
Thank you too for marking this one.
@pukaprat2 (442)
i do almost everything on firefox. it is better because some of the stuff you want to see is cut from ie. unlike firefow which controlls the content better. i use ie when i am just browsing. but when i do research or whatever then i use ie because it is familar to me and i can save the websites and everything that i need. firefow is a bit weird when it comes to things like that or maybe i just dont get it you know. but i find that if you have ie and firefox which by the way is faster when it comes to downloads and what not. but i can have several things up and going at once all on different browsers depending on what i need to do.
@agihcam (1915)
Ideas about firefox - Firefox is safer than IE
Great. Did you considered the security of the two browser? Which is safe? I think firefox is much safer than IE. What is your opinion?
@stephcjh (32328)
I have tried to use firefox on my computer and it did not work very well for me. I have always used internet explorer and it works just fine. There are certain versions of internet explorer that does not work well with my computer though since I have dialup internet service. I still prefer internet explorer though.
@slavezero (835)
Firefox is the best for a lot of reason. One is, Firefox features the all-too-familiar tabbed browsing feature. No more opening multiple browser windows, eating up your precious RAM and slowing down everything on your computer. While a more recent Explorer version can provide the same feature, Firefox pioneered the idea and there is a definite difference in feel when using tabs in Firefox as opposed to Explorer. Also a very important topic amongst those interested in browsers is that of security. Most studies show Firefox as marginally better in this field as well even though Internet Explorer had years of a head start. This has been partially associated with the way in which Explorer is tied into the operating system while Firefox is a completely independent application. Add-ons are a popular browser feature that enables enhancements to be made to browser by users. Well Firefox does anyway. Internet Explorer is notoriously hard to code add-ons for while Mozilla even provides help in doing so on their website. They welcome users who add functionality to the browser and a much wider range of applications are available, doing everything from music playing to game downloads. Finally, a feature of Firefox exists that is not really a part of the browser on a whole, but is rather a modified version made by users called Firefox Portable. This application allows you to take your browser, along with its history and bookmarks, with you everywhere on a USB Flash Drive.
@hiteshrup (270)
I think it much faster than IE, and also much safer.