Another Saturday Night at MyLot; Is Anybody Out There?

By JJ
@myklj999 (18383)
I'm just sitting here in front of the monitor scrolling around through discussions. Years ago, I would've been up at the bar hanging out, drinking, dancing, having a good time. I must be getting old, because I'm perfectly content to sit here and talk to my firends online. What about you? Do you just kick back on weekends and take it easy, or do you go out? Spend time with the Family? Curl up with a good book? What's Saturday Night mean to you?
@MsTickle (24993)
Hiya mate. Saturday night for me is just like any other except the TV programs are different. There are usually a couple of movies on although I only half watch them while I chat here with my friends...even if I am over a week behind with things. I try and make it a little special for the weekend with my choice of meal as well but other wise, I'm pretty content. Life is good.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey mklj-How's that sore foot oh caped one? Yeah, I'm also just sitting here in front of the monitor too doing the same thing as you. No longer the "party girl". How sad! I too am content just hanging out, being with my online friends, hanging with my cats, omg this is pathetic lol! I'm a proud single woman! Independent and healthy and I don't give a damn! So really caped one, what are you really up to tonite???
@myklj999 (18383)
Well, I was curling up on the couch with Rosekitty (response #3) but all the sudden I was volunteered to cook 2 hamburgers each for 13 people; so I've got the grill set up outside the door of the RV and I'm checking in here between burgers, so to speak...
@Opal26 (17690)
Well, I sure hope there's enough burgers for me-sounds like the parties already started-got some rowdy dudes there-you might need some help with! Sounds like the evening might not be a total loss after all!
@myklj999 (18383)
darkjedi up above at response #4 is on a date with a bottle of Captain Morgan; we're teasing him about his drunktype-can't wait 'til he tries to read it tomorrow!
@spalladino (17925)
You might be getting old but my husband and I ARE getting old and our Saturday nights are usually not very exciting anymore. Back in the day we would be out kicking up our heels, too, but we don't go out that often anymore and, when we do, we rarely close down the bar anymore. Our weekends usually center around home and family. My husband does yard work and I catch up on some housework and go to the grocery store. We usually cook out on the grill and some of the kids and grandkids usually show up to eat. Right now my hubby is watching a DVD and I'm hanging out online.
@myklj999 (18383)
You've only got 5 years on me; you're still young!
@spalladino (17925)
LOL, thanks but tell that to my aching back in the mornings!
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Evening MyKL Years ago i would have been doing the same but now i hang out here and look at discussions and laugh like the Pagan one you were at..I don't think she needs my help you did it for me and others..LOL.. I try to post here after work and or go to a movie but no way do i want to be there this weekend since everyone is watching the new Batman one and i hate crowded shows..so i guess its you and me unless someone else shows up! xoxoxoxo
@myklj999 (18383)
Well hi there Miz Kitty. Guess we can just curl up on the couch and I'll pet you 'til you purr...
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRR..ummm that feels good..now are we on the couch or the floor right now? i sure do like my special treats from you and think you missed a spot..so please move to the left
@skinnychick (6907)
It means that I'm behind a bar getting people drunk most of the time!! Not much excitement for me, I'm afraid.
My Saturdays are pretty much always the same. I spend them with my husband. I do not go out and drink and dance. We stay in sometimes watch movies or play a video game. He sometimes likes to read, and I sometimes like to play online. But still all at home! I dont feel the need anymore to run and go places. I love being at home. I am not sure when I became a home-body, but I am one now! LOL!
I am a home body I like to sit home most nights and just kick back and come on mylot. It keeps me out of trouble. I used to go out to local clubs hang out with friends play some pool but then I got bored of that plus didn't like all the fights that would go on so I stopped doing that. I find also that if I stay home I save money from being spent and I make money for being here on MyLot. So ya see I win in both situations. :)
@laglen (19782)
It's Sunday now. Last night I sat here in front of my computer, had a couple of drinks and decompressed from my week. Clearly needed alot of decompressing because I stayed up til 4am. This is not like me, I usually get up at 4am! So, I ended up finally getting out of bed today at 11am. Now I feel my day has been wasted!
@ruby222 (4848)
The same as you..I was Mylotting..and I found a good few topics to reply to last night so it was interesting.As for the nights out,the pubs and the clubs lol ,we have more than likey all done it at one time in our life,but im content to just relax and either type away here or read or watch the television.But often we go out early evening on a saturday and maybe have a bite to eat,and then settle down after that.
good day or saturday night rather. Yes, I tend to stay at home during saturday night and with my significant one and with my family. It's not that I'm getting old not really but for me it's a time for bonding with the people you love. Try to make time for them as long as I can, for who knows tomorrow or the future in general right?
@novataylor (6572)
I hadn't been out all week, but I went out last night, mykl, just down to our local pub/restaurant, where we usually go, but it was boring, and hot, and the bus driver wouldn't let me put my bike on the bike rack because she said it was too big, which made no sense at all, but she had all the power, and Stu had to take it off the rack, and we had to wait for the next bus, with a thinking driver, and put it on THAT bus and then we got to go home and cook dinner and cool off and relax. Not going out tonight. Nope.
i do not think you get old. i think you could go party good and pick up some ladies. why not? you should have a lot of fun in life and this is only life so make it all you can.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Gone are the days of me longing for weekends to come around so I could be out partying, the thought of going out at weekends now leaves me cold and I have not been out since February I think! Saturdays for me now are being with hubby and our kids sometimes we go out in the day and then the nights are just spent chilling out. Me on here and hubby on his computer, watch a bit of the rubbish that is on the tv and that is about it!
@sylvia13 (1851)
• Nelson Bay, Australia
Well, the truth is that Friday and Saturday nights have a different meaning now that I am older! I rather take it easy, watch a DVD film with my family or read a book! I leave the loud music and the smoke filled places to the younger generation!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
It's Sunday morning now. I hardly ever go out on a saturday night these days. I'm happy being here or pottering about. I have a friend who used to say that he believed that nobody really went out at weekends. They just said that they were to look busy! No sir, I leave all the bar hopping to the young people like Nova!!
I would love to curl up with a good book, some light music or companionBut as I just started on my new part time job, I have been working straight for the past couple of Saturdays. Luckily yesterday I had time to relax, unwind and be at ease to catch up on my personal stuffs. And so much to catch up in here too....Goshhhh everyone is moving like in the speed of light and the change in Mylot...I like blue anyway Guess no rave party in here that I missed. Cheers and have a good weekend.
Well i cant go out because theres nobody to watch the kids but i cant say that i wouldn't if I had the option, it would be great to catch up with the girls and most people do not know that Im a little social butterfly when i go out but at home I like to keep my phone off and read. Catching up on a book i like never disappoints me though when i have to stay in.
@earthsong (589)
I am normally working weekends, so sitting here online is quite a novelty for me. I think about going out and having a few drinks. But I'm content to be home, for the most part. I don't know if its age, or being tired and lazy, but I'm OK with it.
@gloamglozer (1285)
Well, being online and talking to people over the internet is the best i can do. Im not allowed to go out or even get a driver's license. Im not allowed to go to the city or any social occasions even if they are at school. I couldn't even go and play tennis with my friend during the weekend because i wasn't allowed. Tennis is the only sport i really like and that would have been the first occasion in my life where i would have been out with friends. This is kind of depressing... me sitting at my computer talking to people that i'll never meet in real life and knowing that 10 years from now i'll still be sitting at my desk doing the same thing and not being able to see the world.
@walkthetalk (1307)
Hey, I normally go shopping on Saturday night. Didn't go tonight. Stayed in. Did go out last night. I guess I'm doing the same thing your doing. Just kickin' back.