Arranged marriages, Agree or Disagree?

@reckon21 (3487)
If you ask me, I'll disagree arranged marriages though there are successful couples I know who were happy as of now because of arranged marriages, I dont think so if their marriage will work out till the end. Marrying a man/woman whom you dont know yet? hello? Isn't it aukward? well, for me I think I still prefer to marry woman I know than to marry a stranger.
@villageanne (8554)
IN the United States, it is NOT the custom to have arranged marriages. However, I know in many countries, it is the custom. I was chatting with a lady just the other day from India and her marriage was arranged. She now lives in the US and she is very happy with her husband.
Well, there is no hard and fast rule is there? In my country, most marriages are arranged. And they work fine! Absolutely no problems. Actually, problems arise when a person "falls in love," and the family can't approve of his/her choice. But in arranged marriages, there is no such problem. You have your family's support, their financial backing for your wedding, and approving elders to take care of your kids when you have to rush off for work. I am all for arranged marriages, but I am not against anybody falling in love. Cheers and happy mylotting
i agree to the arranged marriage, but not telling i disagree love marriage. i too agree love marriage also. u itself accepted that u know successful couples in the arranged marriage. generally in marriage, arrange or love marriage, both should respect each other and both should love each other. in arrange marriage first it take time to understand each other. when each other start understanding, both of them are known persons, u can lead a happy life. as point to u, u like to marry woman who knows u. in arrange marriage first only u will not know ur wife. after moving closely to each other u both will be good couple. in love marriage the delay in understanding in marriage marriage is nil. so know each other and u will live happily. this is my point according to arrange marriage and love marriage. Add ur comment about my respose.
@lyzabelle (1668)
[b]I agree with you. Marriage is not a seat in the classroom where a teacher can tell her students to sit with your seat mate 'till the end of the school year. Arranged marriage seldom last. Unless you learn to love your partner. I don't want to marry somebody i don't know.[/b]
@jess07 (319)
i do not agree to arranged marriages,i think that marriage should be about love no one else but the person getting married should choose who he or she is getting married with!