How important is the star rating to you?

@iskayz (5422)
Hi everyone! Just for one night of not logging in on mylot and my star rating immediately went down. Just had a rate of 10 for just one day and I had to earn it for 2 months.. Geez.. its really hard to maintain a good reputation here on mylot don't you agree? How important is the star rating to you? Well for me its important. Not to brag about it having a high rate but having been able to achieve it is a prize for me. LIke an award for competing against myself and not with anybody. Its my inspiration that makes me wanna excel more everyday. Oh well.. At least I had a taste of short sweet success. I promise myself to regain it back too. How about you fellow mylotter? How important is it to you? And do you think that logging in everybody helps in maintaining a high rate? Let's talk mylotter!
@pinks17 (2192)
Hi iskayz. ;p It's important but not that important.I am here in mylot to gain friends and share my views.I had a discussion before about getting s star..it was an 8 and for me..I am like a 1st grader who was happy to get a star.As they say..you earn the star.I am not that active mylotter like my boyfriend bec. I go to work and if I have time and still have the energy to answer discussions. Who knows you'll get your star back.Don't be sad.You'll get your ten star again.Have a nice night. ;p
@iskayz (5422)
Yeah I think I've responded to your post about the star. And yes I'm going to get my star back. I'll keep trying. I'm not the kind of person who easily gives up. I'm kinda taking this mylot thing seriously you know while having fun and gaining friends like you. But I'm still keeping in mind my goal why I joined mylot. Ciao!
@spalladino (17926)
I'm sorry that your rating went down and that you're bummed out about it. I don't worry about mine because it goes up and down as I participate in discussions. I think that maybe I anger some folks who don't agree with me sometimes and then they give my post a negative rating which brings it down. As long as there is no money involved in the reputation ratings I don't really care what mine is.
@iskayz (5422)
Well I'm not so bummed about it. Its just a little sad and confusing why for just one day of not mylotting it suddenly went down to 9 when I worked hard for it for 2 months. It's like I wanna say "hey mylot staff I need some consideration here." Anyways you're right as long as theres no money involved why worry about it. Thanks for responding!
@barehugs (8986)
Get over worrying about your Star Rating. I've been on myLot for 15 months, I attained a 9 almost immediately, then it want to a 6 and I've been at 7 for about a year. It was a shock at first but this is a fact of life on myLot. I'm rather suspicious of anyone who can maintain a 10 for any length of time. The rating actually means nothing and the management will not explain how it works. Its my belief that Management manipulates the rating to suit themselves. Many people think its because of (so called Trolls) but I don't go along with that one. I'm on here for fun and I won't let a silly star spoil it all for me. Have a nice day!
@shay3434 (882)
• Israel
Hello! I'm sorry that your star rating went down but I don't think it is too bad. I've also reached my 10 ranking few months ago and after a while it went back to 9 again so I was little dissapointed. Few days later my star rank climb back to 10. So as you probably know it's never end and I'm sure that you will reach ranking of 10 in your star as soon as possible and I wish you good luck with that! My star rating is important for me because it shows that I work hard for my responses and don't send spam and other stuff like that, but I don't think it is the most important thing. I think that star rank of more than 8 it's very good. It's hard to keep with 10 star for a long time so if you keep sending good responses but your star rating went down, it doesn't mean anything. As long as my responses are well I'm happy. Have a wonderful day and good luck.
I dont understand the star rating or how you get a star or what the number inside the stat means. I would appreciate if you or someone else could explain it to me. Also after you have earned a star and said number in how can it go down like yours did? This is a bit confusing to me. thanks in addvance for helping to educate me on this.
@iskayz (5422)
Hi! The star ratings represents your reputation in mylot. It is us members who rate each other by rating discussions positive and how well you participate everyday and post quality topics and responses. Sometimes it goes down because other members rate your post negative but sometimes due to glitches that happens in the system of mylot. I wasn't able to participate for one whole day the other day so, maybe thats the reason why it went down or maybe one of my response was rated negative. Though I'm not really sure about that. Hope that helps! Enjoy mylot.
thank you very much for the info. I did not realize you could rate the responses.Cou;ld you please let me knw how you do that.. Thank you again.
I just figure out how to do it. Silly me it was right in front of and didnt realise what those plus and minuse were for. Thank you
@cripfemme (7718)
I can relate to you. I have been at a 9 for what seems like forever. When they first came out with stars I was an 8. Then I went to 9 and have pretty much, except for a few days, stayed there. But it doesn't seem to matter how much I post or if my answers are deep and meaningful I can't get that elusive 10. At least you had it for one day and you're only at three hundred and some odd postings. I'm at nearly 2500 and haven't had it for one day. Way to go on your success!
@iskayz (5422)
Thanks for the ego boost friend! You're right I can still be proud of it, reaching my 10 on my 300th + posts only. Well good luck to you. Keep reaching for the 10, me, I know I will.
@Amber4106 (541)
For me, it's very important. Not only am I proud of the rating, but it shows other mylotters the quality of responses I try to give. I'm not here trying to make "easy money", I'm here because I genuinely enjoy mylot. I realize that mylot won't make me a fortune, but I still put forth my best effort when I'm here. I just try to have some pride in everything that I do, including what I add to a conversation.
@iskayz (5422)
Hi amber! Yes, we should really be proud of our star. I was really proud of it when I reached 10. Like you I try to give quality responses to our fellow mylotters. Sometimes it takes me several minutes just trying to think of a good response. The high rating also shows that you're a good conversationalist I guess. Ciao and thanks for responding!
This response is coming from a person who experienced a nightmare in regards of rating system. I have been in misunderstanding with someone and she and her friends keep on giving me a negative rating. I have 9 star rating when I reach my 100th post and you can now see that it went down drastically. I read also from other discussions that there are groups of people who keep on giving negative ratings. I was one of their victims, their most favorite victim. That is why I don't believe in the star rating because it's a fake representation of who you really are...
@TessWhite (3147)
I suppose I'm the odd one here because I really don't care about stars or ratings. I rarely even notice where mine is until a friend comments on what number I am. I guess I just don't see the big deal in it myself.
@mialei23 (2386)
Hi iskayz, not that much! I guess, what's important here is were earning while doing this stuff, more important we learn from each and everyones thoughts and ideas. Were meeting friend and we have a good community here in myLot. I once drop my star to 9. But I don't care. Maybe I was after the earning, and I want to be active here. It's not about logging but being active. I guess doing myLot discussion is somehow giving us so much earnings and points. Sharing your ideas, and being nice to everybody is one of the major factors why were still here, and we are continuing doing our part as a member . I am proud that I am myLot member, happy myLot and keep up the good work myLotters!
For me, its quite important. Why? because its our reputation. when it goes down means we haven't participated or we have responded wrong or i mean cant help the starter of the discussion. When its up, we are considered respectful my loter. Well its just my own point of view.
@iskayz (5422)
Yes friend I agree with you. We do have the same point of view about our star. Its really a nice feeling being a respectable mylotter. I'll try my best to regain it back. Enjoy mylot!
@Kanutchie (343)
i am enjoying here on my lotting thats why i keep logging on , i gain many ideas here ans friends i lik eto stay here a lot , but you know i feel sad bec i only have 5 star. when i look at the 9 star and 10 star . i feel lonely, but how can have that red star and blue star?
@iskayz (5422)
Keep posting quality topics and responses. Make responses that would be beneficial to others. That will help you increase your star rating. Good luck and keep enjoting mylot!
@dextornap (333)
Hi. I am pretty new to mylot. And have not much idea about this star rating stuff. To be honest i joined mylot after browsing through a lot of forums and websites offering online income. But after going through the intersting discussions here i am looking forward to be an active participant and make a lot of friends. If star rating is relly much important, I wish to improve on that too.
@iskayz (5422)
Hi and welcome to mylot! Yeah for me its pretty important when to other they don't really give attention to it. Well everybody has their own preferences. As for you friend, you'll find its importance as you make your stay here in mylot. Good luck and keep posting to reach 100 so you can earn your star!
@greenline (14864)
No question about it. With all the time and effort put in, I do ofcourse like to have a good star rating. One time, I was degraded from 10 to 9, and the color also changed. I am not exactly sure why ! Quite disappointed. But, I just keep working. As I have been saying, my primary interest in joining myLot is to meet friends from countries around the world. That I am quite happy ! MyLot is an excellent forum for that. Have a nice day !
@iskayz (5422)
You're right. Mylot is an excellent site for meeting friends from around the globe.. Thats also one thing I like about this site. Good luck and may you gain lots of friends!
@subha12 (18453)
it means a lot. i had a 10. i was attacked by trolls and it acme down to 6. till its 6. i am very sad i am not able to pick it up.
@deebomb (15323)
The star is a fickle thing. It goes up and it goes down depending on how a member or two might see you or your discussions. There are so many people here and You are bound to run into some that don't like you. I never even think about the star. To me it just isn't that important.
@lingli_78 (12846)
well, it is quite important but not that critical for me... i feel good when i see that i have a high star ratings... but if it falls down, i don't really feel that upset as it is only a star anyway... the most important thing for me here is the friendship and knowledge that i get from here... and not to forget the earnings... :-) take care and have a nice day...
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
I also experienced the same thing happened with you Star Rating and maybe you were right that it is hard to maintained it but it would be a big challenge to us that we could also do the same MyLotter have right so do not give up on it just keep on posting a good discussion and response a lot from your MyLot friends discussion......
I don't pay any attention to the star rating. It is not at all important to me. I don't have any idea how that works.