Just To Let You Know

@pyewacket (44036)
Until this heat wave passes a bit I might not be on-line that much at all. I've been noticing that my computer has been heating up more than usual. All I have is one lousy fan to cool my apartment, no AC. Mac computers, which I have, don't have separate processor "towers"like PCs but all our electronics are built into the monitor itself. Like I said I've been noticing how "hot" my computer has been lately and have to completely shut down my computer to let it cool off more. My computer is my "baby" and I'm very protective over it..LOL...I've waited years to get my own computer and have only had this computer for a little over a year...so don't want anything to happen to it as no way I could get any repairs now. I'll try to be here as much as possible, but like I said I'm now keeping my computer completely turned off most times and maybe on-line a few hours here and there at most instead of all the time like I'm normally doing . So to turn this into a discussion..have there been circumstances where you couldn't use your computer much due to "circumstances"?
My laptop needs a new power cord, so I miss it, as hubby and I cannot be online at the same time anymore. You see who won in the tug of war over the desk top. The only other things that get in my way are working and going out of town. I guess you will have to choose cooler day parts to be online, and cooler days as well if you find any. I understand about having to watch expenses carefully.
yea-my old HP (before i started building my own) had what they called a K-7 problem. the chip would overheat no matter how little you used it,how many fans,how cool the room was.i hated the color blue after awhile(error after error) it just wasn't usable in summer at all,but i limped along til i could replace it.
@hotsummer (10449)
i don't have thiss kind of problem.
@hoghoney (3749)
Sorry to hear about all the heat you are having hun...you could send some my way we are getting nothing but rain almost every other day..lol. I hope you stay cool and your computer should have a fan and some computers have two fans in them to help cool it off..but maybe in the evening hours you could be online a bit more. Love and Hugs..XXOO
@Aussies2007 (5339)
Computers do get hot in summer... but providing that they have an adequate ventilation system... and that the computer is not in an aera which prevent the air circulating around it... they should cope with 35 degrees celcius. I remember using mine by 40 degrees celcius... and I could barely put my hand on the tower as it was so hot. However... it is probably not recommended to use it at those high temperatures. My brother once told me that his computer had shut down automatically due to over-heating in summer. When I asked him where the computer was... he told me it was inside a cupboard. Well of course! For the ventilation to work inside the box... it needs air on the outside.
My computer was acting weird when it was quite hot outside. We didn't have ac in the computer room. I shut it down. Better to be safe than sorry.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi Pye am sorry to hear that but my laptop is my 'baby' too and have to turn her off sometimes if shes been on too long there was one time I had to do without her though and thats when there was a bad virus in there and I had to take it back to the shop where they removed it was offline for a few days then-bb littleowl
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey pye, you're right to protect your baby. I would too. I have my computer in my kitchen which of course is the hottest room in the house. I try to keep it off so that it doesn't have to get too hot. We've been having some thunder/lightning storms. That's the only circumstances that usually make me turn off the computer. If the storm is getting bad and the lights start to flicker. So take care of your baby and we'll talk to you when you get back.
@1grnthmb (2063)
Have you tried getting a small portable table top fan and pointing it at the vents on the back of the monitor. This might aid in keeping it cool. It is no fun when they overheat. They start crashing and doing strange things. Try to stay cool yourself now while the temperatures are high.
@bunnybon7 (37447)
• Holiday, Florida
yes, when i had this one fixed. im so sorry that its heating on you. i was so lucky that last year i still had some money that i dont have now. then i got this one fixed and bought a little lap top for back up. but i hate that it has vista windows so i seldom use it.
@jairgirl (2877)
hi pye, sorry to hear that your computer is feeling the heat wave, i sure will do the same to protect my "baby" i am the same way with you coz there is no way i can have another one once it turned out crazy. i am still waiting for my hubby to pass his NOW to me haha. how hot is the weather up there? it is 98+ here but i think it will cool down a little as they say there is a coming typhoon (?) so hope that will come soon coz it is hot. i think the only reason why i will turn my computer off is when i am doing home chores (yeah that is considered "circumstances" LOL) or my man needs some help to his project. i also try to give my computer a break (i have a powerbook G4) as i feel it is best for both of us, he is kinda addicting so i try to protect us both haha! i dont spend more time online now as i want to try to do something else but i am still confuse coz i want to earn something extra fro someone who is at home yet still do some other things that i enjoy like arts and crafts. anyway, i hope the Big Apple will cool down sometime soon so you can do whatever you want to do online. takecare
There was a space of two months last year when I was unable to use my computer at all. I took the opportunity to have my computer wiped and reprogrammed so it would work better once I had things all set up again. It was something that needed to be done real bad and it was very cheap to do, so that was the time to do it. Also while I was offline I had a wonderful chance to get caught up o my reading.
@zandi458 (27952)
I had problem with my computer due to overheating. It will shut off while I am surfing. The fan inside is in good working order. What I did was I 'undress' the computer, took off both sides of the cover and let it run 'naked' . It works. Now I just let it run uncovered, I no longer face any problem with it even tough I switch it on for 24 hours. For your info I am a heavy duty surfer.
@raydene (9874)
Hi Sweets How about aiming a small fan at your 'baby' ? I used to have my fan near the computer so we both got it. Just a thought. I have my laptop now but do have to have ventilation under it at all times. xoxoxoxxoxoxo
Hi pye, Sorry to hear you have use your computer less because of the heat wave its for the best we don't want your computer to melt and I cannot imagine what you are going through with the heat. The only time I couldn't use my computer was when we had high winds and our power down for a day it was agoney not be able to use the computer. Take pye and hope it will ok soon. Bright Blessings. Tamara
@Vladilyich1 (1454)
Fortunately, in Arizona, even though we have triple digit temperatures, it's still very dry so we can use "swamp coolers" that run on water. The apartment stays at an even 75F no matter what it is outside.
@Lakota12 (42684)
yup when it goes down and I cant find out what is wrong with it and have to take it in to the Geek Squad
@tyc415 (5706)
Just when storms with lightning are in the area do I shut mine down. As for the heat I don't blame you for shutting down, it is not good for any computer as far as I know. Just take care of yourself and keep cool.
@BarBaraPrz (20787)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, I've noticed (since the upgrade) that Firefox gets a little sluggish after awhile and I have to force quit it and restart to get it to work properly again. Maybe the heat is getting to it, too.