Laptop or Desktop

Popularity of Laptop is more at this time. I still use a desktop. Is it comfortable to use a laptop for performing regular online works. I sometimew wonder how one could do with this small apparatus. What do you use actually?
I use a desktop computer to do all my online work. I have never had a lap top computer not to say I won't get one in the future I would like to but just don't have the money for one right now. I really don't any where special enough to bring a lap top with me that I can sit and work on it. I would like to get a laptop for if my desk top computer ever breaks down I have that for back up.
Everyone would love to get a laptop for its easiness to carry along. But to be true, I too love working on desktop as we can work carefree over it. Moreover, keyboard can be placed anywhere we want provided we had a sufficient long cable. Wish you get enough money to purchase a laptop.
laptop is convenient if the nature of your work is always out the office, for example, in a construction site.. but desktop is recommended for works that needs backup files or documents, and looking for small parts of a desktop is much easire than a laptop.. both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages, the best to do is having them both...
I think you are right by your way saying that having both laptop and desktop is better than choosing one out of two. So what I am planning too. I will be asking my hubby for a laptop this winter. Thanks for sharing your views.
@zeloguy (4915)
It depends for me. I have a few desktops and two laptops... the one laptop is used in a small space that my wife uses and she hooks up her mouse and keyboard and monitor to it so that it is as if you are using a desktop. My 'power machine' is a quad-core with 4GB ram and 1TB (1000GB) of hard drive space and that I can't even see getting into a laptop. The downside of a laptop is going to be what you buy on a laptop is what you get... many of them don't even allow you to upgrade the RAM and the graphics cards leave very much to be desired... if you are just doing everyday chores/tasks like myLot... a laptop is fine and if you want something larger... you can hook up a 22" monitor, wireless mouse/keyboard and you wouldn't even know it was being run from a laptop. Thanks Zelo
I wonder how you manage time with all your computers. I couldn't handle my single desktop. You must be loving the way computer appears to you. I am satisfied with my desktop and as I can work roughly with you without much care, I don't think I would prefer a laptop for my desktop. But I frequently regret for not having a laptop as desktop is difficult to carry along.
@zeloguy (4915)
Thank you for the BR Keep Posting! Thanks Zelo