they say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach

@skbh12 (2950)
i guess this is true because my boyfriend always tells me that i must learn how to cook. his mother is a great cook and i always get full everytime i eat at their home even her sister does. he cooks well too but for the food presentation well it is alright. i once asked him, will you leave me if i don't learn how to cook once we are married and he answers me "we'll see about that." haha. he always scares me that way. i know that i must learn how to cook because even my dad tells me that my man will leave me if i will not learn how to prepare even one simple dish. when will my laziness to cook something for my boyfriend stop. i want to learn how to cook but im afraid that he might now like the taste of the food i will prepare. well i guess i have to try to make one someday. hmmm. can anybody here give me a simple recipe that i can cook which is easy?
@checapricorn (16072)
Hi skbh, I remember my Dad also, he always advised us to learn since my Mom is a good cook too! I am interested but I have no time when I was single since I am very busy in my job and it is easy to buy food from our landlady so, makes my Sister and I more dependent! I have tried to asked my Mother some recipe before I got married but I have tried few of them..I didn't even like it a lot..LOL! My husband cooks great and he is the chef in the house..LOL! but, I am learning this time but they have said, this is a lot of trial and error., I should say, i am on the stage still... I am watching at you tube when I want to learn something...It's easy, we can watch then and do it in our own!
@skbh12 (2950)
really? you don't cook too? at least it is not just me who doesn't do the cooking after all. hahaha. how many trial and errors have you gone through just for you to perfect taste of the meal you were doing?
I only knew how to make pansit,chicken adobo and mongo with pork...LOL! I have tried 3 times after I got the correct taste! I am still learning this time but most of the time, my husband is cooking! LOL! So, less chance for experimenting! Just try one and tell us later the outcome!
@skbh12 (2950)
haha. so you're my fellow filipina.. nice to see you here in mylot.. hmmm.. sure sure. ill do try to cook any of the suggested meals here and i think they all taste DELICIOSO teehee.. i just hope once i get to cook any of the dishes mentioned, it would turn out to be a good one.. haha!
they say, if you can't even boil water without burning it (the kettle i mean), then you're probably hopeless. but i believe anybody can cook...you just have to put some effort in it and don't be afraid to experiment. as a beginner, expect to encounter some (possible) major disaster (so long as you don't burn down the kitchen...LOL) but in due time, with constant practice and lots of perserverance, you should be fine. you may not end up a gourmet chef or a kitchen wizz but at least, you'll be able to prepare something that you can proudly claim "your very own" creation, which will give you utmost satisfaction if not will get you more motivated to try and learn some more. start with some very basic recipes and because you're only a beginner, it will be wise to follow the instructions to the letter, until you've gained enough confidence.
@skbh12 (2950)
so far haven't burned our kitchen when i tried frying a sunny side up egg and sausage. haha. good for me! yeah i know. it is just really up to me if ill pursue myself from learning to cook or not. by the way, i can bake!!! haha. at least i know how to heat up an oven right? and bake a simple cake right? haha!
See? You're not so bad after all, since you said you can actually bake. Whether its simple or elaborate baking...its still far more delicate than plain and ordinary cooking. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do stir-fry or casseroles with no qualms. Knowing this, now I can actually say that what you're lacking is not the talent but the actual motivation or maybe interest. There's probably a good cook in your house, would I be correct?
@skbh12 (2950)
hmm yeah there is. haha. well, you are right. lack of motivation and interests. words that fits me well. man! i don't know why i am too lazy to learn to cook. sigh.
Here's really easy one for ya. I call it 'Loose Lasagna' Get a jar or two of spagetti sauce ( I prefer Prego) Brown some ground beef and drain ( about a pound), add the browned beef to the sauce and simmer on low to medium low for about a half hour. While the sauce is cooking start a big pot of water to boil . Use one large container of Ricotta cheese, about a pound of shredded mozzerella, and about a half cup of grated parmesan or romano cheese. Mix all of these together, adding a little salt if you want. Use a pound of pasta, I usually use ziti or spagetti, but any pasta will do. Drop it into your boiling pot of water. When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to your spagetti sauce, and then fold in the mixed cheeses. Bake it at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, just to heat it through. I hope you enjoy it, and although it might sound hard at first, it really is an easy recipie to make.
@skbh12 (2950)
wow. thanks for sharing a recipe to me. ill try. hoping it will be cooked the right way it should be. teehee.
Thank you, I appreciate your response. Oh, I just remembered this one...get some frozen garlic bread, and when you are mixing your cheeses for the 'LL', reserve about a half cup of the mozzerella. Bake the bread according to their directions, and when it's almost done, sprinkle the cheeze on the bread and let it melt before serving. It goes good with the meal. Enjoy !
@skbh12 (2950)
oh i love garlic bread. THANKS for the suggestion their cindy.. very appreciative of you to offer something you know..
@LOULOU323 (214)
Im sure that the saying is a fair one,most blokes love to have a good meal,but it shouldnt always be the woman who does the cooking,they should both take turns.
@skbh12 (2950)
yup! i agree to that!! haha! both parties must do the cooking right? haha. but yeah i have to admit. i do need to learn how to cook.. sigh. hope that will be soon.
Tater tot hot dish: Brown 1 lb of hamburger, drain the grease preheat the oven at 350 degrees put the tater tots in a casserole, make sure that you spray the dish with Pam or cooking spray first Take a can of cream of mushroom soup or any other cream soup, mix that can with one can of milk add the hamburger to the tater tots, then pour the soup mixture over it all in the casserole dish, bake for about 45 minutes and enjoy
@skbh12 (2950)
wow another good meal.. thanks for another suggestive recipe to make.. i love baking!
Cooking is a basic survival skill. People who don't cook end up wasting a lot of money on convenience foods and eating out. You should learn to cook for yourself, not for the sake of your boyfriend or anyone else. You could ask your potential future mother-in-law to teach you some of her tricks. It would help the two of you to bond, and you would be learning a valuable skill at the same time.
@skbh12 (2950)
her sister even gives me recipes but simple ones for me to cook and that is really nice of her..
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
hi skbh,when i was young i used to ask my mother what to do or i just try some recipe like delmonte product they have a recipe inside the label you can try it..step by step and then when you eat outside you have to experiment taste...thats what i did and i make it..of course its all up to you..goodluck
@skbh12 (2950)
yeah i know it is up to me if ill start learning how to cook a dish. now you must be good in cooking..
I have no recipes! I must have gotten my hubby some other way because I can not cook at all! good luck!
@skbh12 (2950)
oh really? so it must be your hubby who prepares your meal?