love my fresh veggies

@shelly43 (1197)
Australia
hi all, oww how i miss my fresh veggies, with our water being on restrictions we havent been able to make our veggie garden in the past 3 years so ive missed the really fresh garden stuff.. my hubby always made a great veggie patch and we all loved to just pick the tomatoes off and eat them and the cucumbers .. so i have to buy all the stuff and its nothing like home grown.. well thats what i feel, how about you tell me whats youir fav fresh veggie or what you have growing.. hugssssssssssssssss
@Amber4106 (541)
I guess I have two things to be even more grateful for today. One, is that I live on well water, and two, my garden holds moisture really well. I've had most of my crops in since the end of March, and I've never had to water the garden. I'm really looking forward to the tomatoes. I have three that have started turning, and they are in my kitchen window right now. I pickled 16 quarts of beets already, and have more in the ground now. The sweet corn didn't do well, so I replanted it and it's now looking great.
@shelly43 (1197)
wow sounds magic, my hubby and i will be there soon lol and the corn we just brought 10 fresh on the cob the other day i never tried them always buy them frozen. i can tell you i cooked them for hours and they where just soooo yummmmyyyyyyy.. will be buying them again real soon we all enjoyed them... hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey Shelly, I love my veggies too. I live in an apartment so there's no veggie garden her. In fact, unfortuately there's a frozen veggie garden in my freezer. In fact tonight I'm picking the brocolli, carrot & water chestnut blend to make beef terriaki with rice. It's not like fresh, but it sure tastes good. I do get some fresh veggies from the store, but in the past few years they haven't been looking so good and the prices are outrageous. I don't know what's going on. They are blaming the weather as usual. I think I will go visit my frozen garden now so I can start making dinner...see you when I return....
@shelly43 (1197)
now i love that response very funny lol lol.. no thats great any fresh beans and pumpkin in there send some my way..lol and enjoy all your fresh veggies from your frozen garden in you fridge.. hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
@Vladilyich1 (1456)
When I lived in Atlanta, we had been under water restrictions for 5 years (they still are and I moved 6 years ago). I also had a one-acre organic garden that was slightly downhill from the back of the house. What I did was to get an old 550 gallon fuel oil drum and set it up in the basement. Then I re-plumbed the house so that all graywater (bathtub, sinks, washing machine) drained into this tank (which was illegal in our state of Georgia, but I didn't care. All I had to do is hook a hose to the tank and run it down the hill to the garden. I had the best garden in the neighborhood and raised enough to feed a family of 5 for the entire year and still had enough left over to give to neighbors.
@shelly43 (1197)
thats great, what a good idea, you sneaky woman you lol.. we have 2 1000 litres drums out there but we need the rain in the summer to water the garden when we did have one, lol but we didnt get any rain so that was a waste of money..well they come in handy now as its winter and we have had a bit of rain and they both are full lol so we use that water for our ferns and all our plants under the pergola..they are ll so big and beautiful..so we still dont use much water just for everyday stuff.. owww i wish you was my neighbour lol hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
@sweetdesign (5151)
we collect rainwater for both our indoor and outdoor plants that way it saves on our water bill and doesn't deplete any water supplies. Right now we have tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and peppers. I have blueberry plants and strawberry plants. I have lemon trees, a fig tree and a plum tree. Here in Florida we have a longer growing season so I can pretty much plant and grow 90% of the year. I am saving my seeds from th tomato plants we have so that I can grow my own seedlings. They are heirloom tomatoes and so good. You should start collecting rain water we store ours in empty bottles (recycling is good for the enviroment)and we collect it in a plastic tub but we are getting ready to install rain barrels to our down spouts to collect larger amounts of rainwater.
@shelly43 (1197)
i bet you love that all fresh stuff yum that would be great. hugsssssssssss
@besthope44 (12146)
I love carrot and ladies finger very much