American Rose

American red Rose - Taken at the Como Park Conservatory in St Paul Minnesota.
@webeishere (36353)
This shot was taken on my trip to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory in St Paul Minnesota this past Sunday. The Marjorie McNeely Conservatory has many different types of gradens set up inside and outside the building. This was taken in an indoor area with all American grown flowers. Have you been to a Conservatory in your area to view many plants and flowers from your area as well as from all around the globe? They had a Rainforest garden, a Palm Garden room, as well as tropics room. Also a banzai room as well. http://www.comozooconservatory.org/cons/gardens.shtml HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@shelly43 (1197)
hi hun, i love your passion for flowers and all types of gardens, you know soooooooo much about all flowers. keep up the great words for us all to read i love to pop in and see what you have said about flowers i have never even heard offff .. hugsssssssss have a wonderful day....
@webeishere (36353)
Well thanks bunches also. I do love flowers of all sorts. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@tyc415 (5706)
I have never been to a conservatory but I bet it was beautiful. I have only been to green houses around here does that count for anything? haha It appears there are so many nice places around you that you can go to and enjoy things, that is great.
@webeishere (36353)
Yeah I guess a grren house qualifies some what. A lot of things to do all within a short drive as well. I love living in the city sometimes. Other times I want the peace and quiet of the farm life. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Very beautiful Flower! I would love to see what it is like in the rain forrest garden room! ohhhh and the tropics room sound like something to nice to see as well...I bet that was very Cool! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
@webeishere (36353)
Okay here is a banana tree from the tropics room. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
I don't see it. I wish I could!
@webeishere (36353)
Banana Tree - With Green Banans on it
Oops! HAHAHA! Sorry here it is now. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@cjgrooms (4456)
I check for your discussions first thing when i log onto mylot because you always have such beautiful pictures.
@webeishere (36353)
Well thank you very much. I love taking and sharing photos here. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@cjgrooms (4456)
I am glad you like to share them because i show them (especially the Jacobs Ladder)to everyone that comes to my house. I don't make copies or anything but the pictures are just so beautiful that i want everybody to admire them.
I grew up in St Paul, and have had many trips to the Conservatory and the Japanese Gardens in Como Park are just beautiful. It is a very peaceful place. I have since moved to another state but there is nothing like the Conservatory in Como Park. I have fond memories of the place. I am glad you enjoyed it.
@webeishere (36353)
We never made it to the Japanese Gardens though. They also have a great Japanese Garden at Lake Harriet in Minneapolis with a walk path and pole for our Sister City there. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37383)
That is one of my favorite things in the Twin cities area....the conservatory. I love all the flowers and plants...they are just so beautiful. I can see why there have been so many wedding there...what a wonderful backdrop of a wedding.
@webeishere (36353)
Have you ever been out to the Arboretum at all? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@walijo2008 (4647)
Well I've been to the zoo here in the area I live in, but I've never been to a Conservatory before, I don't know what that is..lol. I'm not sure if there is one here or not. But I do know that at our zoo they do have a Rainforest, and its neat, and its the same temperature all year round, as a real Rainforest would be. You sure know all your flowers, I like flowers too, but I can't grow them very well...ha. Have a good day
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
I remember going to the National Botanical Garden here. I was in the grade school then. I think they have lots of different plants being taking care of. How I wish to get back there in the future with my kids and my wife. KEEP SMILING = NEIL
hi Grandpa Bob yes I and my hubby had viisted a conservatory at at Chapman Univeristy, it was just gorgeous mostly flowers'and plants from Australia but there were just tons of them all 'kinds and varities and some so very beautiful, also there was an American room with all the various plants we are all so used'to here in the US and a room with nothing but camellias, azaleas and my favorite fuchias. I should get some fuchias as I have a shady place in f ront of our apartment for them. Happy postings from Hatley.
I would love to see the zoo and grounds. I love to take photos of animals and plants. I would love to see the rain forest and the palm garden. It sounds great. We do not have anything like that here.