how many times do u eat per day?

@eliezl (766)
the usual would be 3 times, breakfast, lunch and dinner. some even 4 times, include the snack or midnight snack. as for me, since i'm on a diet, i eat only twice a day. breakfast is the most important eating time for me as what i eat in the morning helps me give energy for the rest of the day. it also keeps me moving and my mind going. i rarely eat lunch because i consider breakfast and lunch as one. then i ate dinner before 6 o clock comes. am i right with my eating pattern? for one thing, this has helped me shed off pounds (esp. if i skip the rice :)) but is it really a healthier option? or is lunch much more important? how about u? how many times do u eat in a day?
@nice030481 (1108)
i usually eat three times a day, but if im hungry before dinner i eat bread and drink juice. but i need to diet on rice because it make my baby grow in my womb. i think it will be harder for me to deliver it on september.
@eliezl (766)
yes soo true, rice is fattening. but its nice to eat it though (my meal isnt complete without one hehehe) goodluck this september, i pray that everything will go well. i know ur excited for ur baby (sigh when will i have one hehehe) thanks for the comment :)
What? Are you sure about rice being fattening? It's a carbohydrate, it's at the bottom of the food pyramid, meaning it's safe to eat it a lot. Anyway, I eat 3 meals a day. I usually don't snack because we never have any snacks at home anyway.
@eliezl (766)
yes or so they say..many studies even recommended to limit the rice intake especially to those who want to lose weight and those who were diabetics. it has sugar in it as they say....so i guess that makes sense. :)) im just trying to be on the safe side and i noticed that i eat lots of rice so i guess that explains why im big hehehe. i dont eat snacks too..part of my diet as well. :)) i may probably eat snacks if i can no longer control my hunger :)
I must say that I am way off on my eating for I don't eat three times a day like a normal person should do. I only eat when I am hungry that isn't very often and that is why my weight is extremely low 82 pounds to be exact and I stand at 4'11" My doctor has made it clear that I am to start eating more or it's the hospital bound for me. She has said that I am starveing myself and that is not the case I do eat but very little for the couple of times I do each a day. She claims that I am only getting about 800 calories a day put into my system and that isn't healthy for an average person should be getting 2,000 calories a day or more depending on the calorie intake need. I have friends that are scared for me because of the way I am. I told them I am fine that as long as I am up and active I am fine. I just believe I have a extremely high motabolism and there isn't much I can do about it. The doctor has checked the thyroid and all and it's normal I just eat when my body is hungry.
@eliezl (766)
i wish i could be like u though i have to admit that its unhealthy as well. since u dont eat often and have irregular eating pattern, it may hurt ur stomach. i can't exactly be just like u because of my ulcer :( and i easily get hungry. its not also helping matters that i have a slow metabolism thus its really hard for me to lose weight. please do take care of ur health :) health is wealth remember :)
I eat four meals a day, breakfast, lunch, snack and supper.
@eliezl (766)
ur eating pattern is very much the same to the rest of the fam....i envy them though. i envy u too...u see im the only chubby one in the fam. LOL..hehehehe so i have to control :)
@mnksmommy (302)
Everyday is different for me. Some days, I only eat once. Some days it seems I eat all day. I am not a breakfast person so I never eat breakfast, which I realize is very much frowned upon. (Sorry!) I also have IBS so I never know what I can eat and how it may or may not affect me.
@bellaofchaos (11550)
Having seen a personal dietician for when I was pregnant and I was a gestational diabetic they tell you that eating 5-6 small meals through out the day is better for you because it keeps you from having spike in your sugar intake by natural sugars of the food that you eat. If you starve yourself by only eating twice a day, yes you will lose weight at first for a while then you will gain back more than you lost because your body will think that you're starving it and anything that you eat it will start to store as fat. So eating only two meals a day right now is going to cause you body to think that you're starving it. You might lose a lot of weight at first but then you will start to gain it again. So my suggestion to you is to eat small meals 5 - 6 of them through out the day. Make sure you eat sensibly not just alot of fast food. Good luck and with any diet you should always have some exercise too.
I wanted to find some document to show you what I was talking about so here is a link below http://www.buzzle.com/articles/eat-6-meals-daymaximum-weight-loss.html
@eliezl (766)
true! i was recommended before to eat small meals so as not to starve myself. but i juz have a hard time controlling. sometimes i even forgot that i ate a lot instead of the mini meals. hehehehe. whoa maybe this is the reason why my weight is yoyoing then. coz its really true and exactly what happened to me right now....havng a hard time maintaing weight. :( i fear that i may grow big again. ill try ur suggestion again (hope that i can control) and see if the yoyoing will stop. :) thanks for the comment
too many times..mostly live off junk food
@bombshell (11266)
i eat 2 times a day lunch and dinner but breakfast no time and no apetite.
@eliezl (766)
thats my eating pattern before though. but i found myself feeling tired if i dont eat breakfast. so i juz have my breakfast and lunch combined (brunch) :) that way im still full during lunch time hehehe :) thanks for the comment :)
@bombshell (11266)
if we are on diet we did wrong.so we try to changed it we have breakfast and lunch but no dinner how about that?hehehe
@eliezl (766)
lol.. i still have dinner though but do it before 6...if no dinner is effective, i may try that as well..actually i have tried lots of diet LOL =))
@underkcat (134)
breakfast.. lunch.. snack.. dinner.. sometime midnight snack.. :P
*sometimes
@eliezl (766)
hehehehe just like my bf! 5 times a day. LOL...but he has no problem because his metabolism really is fast. i envy you guys :)) food is a weakness LOL
Hello eliezl, I only have two cups of coffee and then I have a bowl of cereal I drink water all day, then evening I have my dinner, so only two meals a day and thats keeps me going. Tamarafireheart.
@eliezl (766)
i have been adviced to eat cereal instead....i may try this one soon.except on the coffee part...im prohibited to drink it :( just some health prob. thanks for sharing tamarafireheart :)
@walijo2008 (4647)
I only usually eat lunch and dinner, and maybe a couple snacks during the day. I know its not healthy for you to skip breakfast, because it is supposed to be most important meal of the day, but I usually don't get hungry till around lunchtime. I think you should just do what you think is right. If your eating breakfast everyday, then it helps you not to overeat later..
@eliezl (766)
good point! thanks for sharing :) i will eat what i think is right at the same time in proper amount.....control and moderation is the key :)
@harishv (151)
I usual eat three times a day breakfast, lunch and dinner. I take snacks every evening at 6'O clock. sometimes only two times i eat a day, only lunch and dinner. every saturday i wont eat anything only i drink juices or softdrinks.
@eliezl (766)
whoa....saturday is like ur rest day or in my case my cheat day for eating desserts or anything i like hehehehe :))
@babystar1 (4236)
I eat one time a day I eat dinner only. I drink coffee in the morning go to work. I dont eat lunch at all.
@eliezl (766)
oh my! i wonder how u manage to go through the day..usually if i dont eat breakfast and lunch, id feel tired and heavy..... how u manage it...thats amazing! but its unhealthy though :(
@luvjabb (58)
I eat lunch and dinner,That it.
@eliezl (766)
used to be like that as well before *_* thanks for the comment :)
@Bluepatch (2480)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Basically, I eat when I'm hungry. I miss breakfast most times and just have coffee. I try for a big lunch when I can afford it but that kind of thins out towards month-end when cash is low. Dinner I try to eat late because it might be my last meal before lunch the following day. Other than that, if I'm hungry and food is available or I have a few bucks in my pocket I just eat something. I'm really not that much into rice unless its a substitute for potatoes. They say its good to eat several small meals a day. But I'm an animal - I follow my stomach.
@eliezl (766)
ur eating pattern is the same as mine before hehehehe. used to be coffee lover and drink one especially on mornings but my doctor advised me to stop drinking coffee because of health problems so i usually get very hungry on mornings. :)) haha i love that im an animal part and follow ur stomach. i totally envy u and i wish i could be just like that.....i just have to take care of my weight though coz its really hard for me to lose weight :( slow metabolism here. thanks for the comment
@cutepenguin (6457)
I eat 4 or 5 times a day. i eat small amounts at a time, so I get hungry often.
@eliezl (766)
some diets suggests to eat mini meals i guess its the same as urs. but at least its healthy. only it doesnt work for me as i have the tendency to overeat so the mini meals may become large meals hehehehehe =))
I don't know exactly why we usually eat 3 times a day, maybe it's our tradition custom, but it really helps to provide with energy in our daily activities.I have never doubted about that. So basically I eat 3 times a day, sometime some fruits are available in the afternoon one hour or two before dinner time if I feel a little bit hungry then.And if I have to work late at night,I just eat noodles as a complement mostly before 23:00.Besides, I do treat morning meal as important. However,as for a try to lose weight and still keep body healthy ,I think at least two points should be considered.First,never to eat fullly,just 70% of your normal diet is ok.Second,I once heard from a herbalist doctor that it's not mainly because eating too much causes to put on weight but the descending ability that one discharges from inside the body.So to keep healthy and go on a diet might be in your favor. Maybe different ways work for different people,at least mine works for me!:))
@eliezl (766)
must be the tradition which is passed on many generations hehehe. yes ur right it depends on the body's reaction... and ive got a slow metabolism so its sometimes hard. exercise may be an option only i dont have much time to do that anymore because of my sched so i just opt on simple activities like using the stairs instead of escalators or elevators, walking than riding.... hehehe... thanks for the comment though very informative :)
• Nepal
Hey eliezl. to tell the truth i eat four times a day. ok for me break fast is insufficient so i prefer dinner bye breakfast i can bearly stay for 5 hrs. so i dint control it only as breakfast. in my opinion lunch is more important.
@eliezl (766)
it depends on the body i guess and how the body reacts..as for me i find myself tired the rest of the day if i skip breakfast. :( but some also prefer skipping breakfast over lunch..hehehe ;) thats why i combined breakfast and lunch to make sure LOL =)) thanks for the comment :)
@tcodosu (24)
I eat twice a day but a lot of food.
@eliezl (766)
as for me i eat twice a day but limits of food intake still hehehehehe =)
Normally I will eat 3 times, if I'm hungry on evening. Then I will eat too. It will become 4 times a day. It's not a big problem to take how many times for meal a day. The important is do not let our stomach over starve. But do not take over meal. That's not good too.
@eliezl (766)
same here..i eat when im too hungry..its a matter of control though. :) yeah and i agree with u not to let the stomach starve..an important matter for me as well since i have ulcer. :) thanks for the comment and the advice. :)
@joliefille (3696)
I eat about 6-7 times a day. These are very little meals though, inclusive of the snacks I take. I have ulcer and I don't really like the feeling of not eating for longer periods of time. Sometimes on a weekend, I eat 3 times a day only as I'm always out on those days and I just drink a lot of water in between meals.
@eliezl (766)
i have ulcer as well...so it may be unhealthy for me to skip meals..but i make it a point to fill my stomach though or eat if i really feel hungry...ill try ur advice as well about drinking lots of water in between meals thanks for the comment :)
in china we usually eat 3 times a day, breafast lunch and super; the same important~~ hehe
@eliezl (766)
same also here in philippines.. :) 3 or 4 times is the usual...but for me i just eat twice hehehe a diet.. :) thanks for the comment ;)