Cats:Have you every tied their tails together?

Me and my fiance were talking about our fat old tabby cat Mrs. Missy and it got me to thinking,so I thought I would pose a question to all of you fine mylotters out there and ask Do you own any cats?Have you ever ever owned any cats?What are/were their names?Have you ever tied their tails together?If so,how many times have you done it?If not,do you feel it is wrong to do so?What would you do if you had kids or saw someone else's kids tie cats tails together?When I was little we used to have two cats Mrs Missy which I mentioned above,and her older brother Tiger,but several years back we had to have Tiger put to sleep because he had cancer,and I have to admit that when I was little I did indeed tie Mrs Missy and Tigers tails together for the sheer fun of it,because it was funny trying to watch them go in two different directions at once,but after a few minutes I did untie their tails,but from what I recall I only did it once or twice,and then I never did it again after that,even though I know it is wrong to do such a thing to the poor cats and I can honestly say that I will never do such a thing to cats ever again ,and if when me and my fiance have kids,or if I ever see someone else's kids tie cats tails together,I will tell them it is wrong and quickly make them stop so that way they do not end up hurting the poor cats,and so the cats will not end up getting mad and trying to claw the child,I will appreciate all responses I get to this discussion, and I will appreciate all mylotters who take this discussion seriously,just like with all the other discussions I post here on mylot,so please give me honest truthful answers,so that way I can learn more about my fellow mylotters,and have a great day.
Hie, I did have a few cats when I was a kid but I didn't like them very much and differentiate them by their colors. They usually come and go as they please. If they are around , my mum will feed them. I didn't like them because they like to sneak up on me. There was one who liked to sneak up and then hugged my ankle and bit me, he loved it in the morning hours when I wake up. I have never tried to tie their tails and I bet that the naughty one would think it's a revenge if I have done that I think it would a naughty thing to do and I wouldn't encourage any children to try it as it may backfire. The children might even get bitten by the cats instead. Chhers,
That is cool that you did have a few cats when you were a kid,and I am sorry to hear that you did not like them very much,and yeah a good way to tell them apart is by their colors,and yeah I know cats are good about coming and going as they please,and I am glad that your mom would feed them if they are around,and yeah cats have a tendency to be very sneaky,and I bet the naughty one would have thought it was revenge,and yeah it could definately backfire,thanks for responding my friend,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
Wowww..another BR, thank you again. Cheers and have a good day.
Again you more than deserved the best response my friend,and I appreciate all your responses to me,and I hope you continue to keep up the good work,as I will also try to keep up the good work,thanks for responding,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@saundyl (9690)
I'd never do it to my cats or anyone else's. Cats have a bone in their tail it might be bendy but I'd hate to hurt them by accidentally breaking it in the attempt. or even hurting them by tying the tail in a knot. I do know people who have put tape on the bottom of a cats feet to see what they do. I've used double sided tape to keep my cats off my counters because i know they dont like the feeling. I'd rather tease the cats with a string and toys.
I am glad to hear that you would never do that to your cats or anyone else's,and yeah I know cats have a bone in their tale,and it is really bendy,and I know what you mean about not wanting to hurt them by tying their tails in a knot,and that is kind of weird that someone would put tape on a cats feet just to see what it would do,and yeah that should be very effective to keep them off the counters,and yeah it is a lot of fun to tease a cat with strings and toys,thanks for responding my friend,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@karjyo (830)
No i have never had a pet cat. As far as tying their tails is concerned i feel it is ridiculous. If i see someone one doing such a stupid thing, i will tie his/her hair with a table so that that person comes to know how it hurts.
I am sorry to hear that you have never had a pet cat,and I know tying to cats tails together is kind of ridiculous,and I do not blame you for tying that persons hair to a table so they can see how much it hurts,thanks for responding,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
My Grandmother told me when I was a little girl to stay away from people who don't like animals.She said people that harm or hurt animals would probably do the same to people. You know what? I believe she was right.
Your Grandmother sounds like a very smart person,and in some cases people who do harm or hurt animals will probably do the same thing to people,but it is not always the case,thanks for responding,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@lucy67 (819)
i have never done that and if i find others do it, i will try to stop them because it may hurt the cat. i know someone likes to do some merciless things to small animals to get some fun. i hate such things and such persons. i had some cats when i was a child and they give me good memories.
I am glad to hear that you have never done that and I am glad that if you see someone else do it,that you would try to stop them,because it could hurt the cat,and there are a lot of people who like to do merciless things to small animals for fun,and I do not blame you for not liking them,and yeah cats do give us good fond memories,thanks for responding,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.