How do you respect people who respond to a discussion you started?

Hi Guys, How do you respect the people who respond to the discussion you started? I always comment back saying thanks and rated them a + if I find the discussion adds a point / value to the discussion. How you do respect? Share with me. Thanks in advance. Triguna M S
@intimate36 (1416)
• Pakistan
I really respect them ,who read and give back response,I myself read all responses,though I am little bit slow in replying
Thats not a problem. You can always take time. :)
@darksorrow (4671)
• Bangladesh
I always try to give feedback when someone responds to my discussions. The benefit of giving feedback is it is automatically rated + & the responder gets something that motivates him/her to respond to my discussion. I did not give feedback to one of my discussions recently because there were many responders. I know i did it wrong because i did not do what i always do. But i ranked them positive. Which i think covers my wrongdoing.
:) Yeah that does. But active participation what makes mylot attention. So I think its better we follow the rule of thumb. Always respond. :)
@chirantani (1382)
I always try to respond to the comments by saying thanks and certainly rate them positive,when I find a good point.It is same as you do.I always try to select a best response,after the discussion became a month old.
Thats really good. But I feel marking as best response when that post is idle for some 1 week. Afterwards there wont be any response so I close it by making best response. hmmm.
@lijiahui (187)
I just reply,saying something more according to their response~i didn't know there is a+ or so in it~~hehe~~maybe next time i can learn to use that~~
Yeah you can. It is just next to the comment the other people does.
@jinxky (2251)
same as you, i will respond to them & will give my views too. but by just saying 'thank you' is against mylot rules. like for example, if i have nothing to say or i only got 'thank u' in my mind, ill just leave it blank & dont respond to them at all..
hmm. Ok. Thats good.
@buzzmaker (631)
I always reply to every comment on my discussion and if the response is good quality, descriptive I give it a +. I try to reply every comment and possibly rate every response with a +. I never rate people with a minus, even if I don't like the response I will just say thanks but never rate a minus. Thanks!
Thats really sweet of you. :) Thanks for sharing your views my friend.
That's what I do since I can't think of anything more than that! LOL
@redkathy (3375)
I always comment back, even if I disagree. I also rate if answer adds to the discussion again even if I disagree. I think different point of views are the basis of a good discussion.
Yeah you are really true. Thanks for sharing your views. :)
@nilzerous1 (2435)
I do not really start a discussion unless I have a reason for doing so. But I appreciate your habit of rating. This is what makes myLot a better place. I did not rate it earlier but over the past few weeks I'm rating replies by others. But be sure, I'm not the kinda personality who prefers to rate things negatively. I do not want to discourage anyone from offering his/her own views in respect of a topic.
:) Thank you. Thats really nice of you that you don't want to discourage. Keep it up. :) Thanks for sharing your views.
@dreamssri (1796)
yes...i really do...because they spend their precious time in responding to our discussions...i show my respect by responding to their discussions...thats it...!
hmm.. Thats good.
@sdas86 (6076)
Hi, I usually give "+" rate to mylotters that respond to my discussions. I will mark best response too. I think giving + rate and best response are the best way to thank mylotters that participate in my discussions.
me too in the same list. Thanks for sharing your views. :)
@paid2write (5202)
Yes I do the same. I will try to comment on each response to my discussions and I rate them all too. I always wait a week or more before I select a best response, to give more people the opportunity to respond before I make my decision. If the discussion is still regularly getting new responses I will leave it even longer. I value every response I get to my discussions and I always feel grateful to people for responding, even if I don't say so in my comments to them.
:) Same to same. :)
@dpk262006 (56115)
I always convey my due regards to those who come out with their responses to my discussions. I always feel thankful for their contributions and try my best to post my comments, counter-comments and sub-comments on the responses I receive. Also, I rate every one positive, I do it firstly, before writing my comments. It always feels great when someone post her/his counter-comments on my comments.
:) Yes you are right. :)
@dpk262006 (56115)
Thanks!
@shelly43 (1197)
i always say thanks i most of the time rate them and then say what i want to say to them.. the i give a hug always do hugsssssss
:) Yeah I know yours. Thanks for sharing your views. :)
@KrauseHome (34994)
Well, with my discussions I have started, I actually am quite behind, and actually need to find some time again to respond back to a lot of them, Rate them, and choose a Best Response there as well. I do not respond back to everyone who responds on my discussions unless I feel they left a Good comment or two for me to consider in there as well. I do always remember to Rate them though, and will a lot of times check out one of their new discussions in here as well.
hmm.. Thats a good one to know. Thanks for sharing your views.
@agihcam (1915)
First, they should not be afraid to response, because all responses are welcome to all my discussions. Second, I thanks for them, just in case I did not provide responses as a thank you message, It is either I don't have internet connection or maybe I was offline for the day. But one thing I sure, I rate them all "+", regardless of response as my appreciation for having their time to respond and sharing their thoughts to my discussion.
:) hmm.. Yeah. Even I does the same. Thanks for sharing your views. :)
@shamsta19 (3225)
Same as you. Dont bother with thank you but will respond accordingly. In fact I have thanked people for there response but I have often elaborated beyond "thank you."
@roysville (496)
I always make it a point to reply back to every responses I get on every discussion I started. Because like you said, it's one way of showing them respect and acknowledging their effort and time for answering my discussions. And most often, I give a + too, I am really so easy to please. ;)