I hate to wait

Guangzhou, China
About a month ago a doctor suggested me to have an operation. And it may before the end of this month. The doctor was very kind and even left me his phone numbers. A few days ago I contacted him to confirm the hospital time as I need to take days off work. But it seems it's not available yet. He said he would arranged a doctor to contact me but as you know you can't count on it as doctors have many patients everyday. I am afraid the doctor may not keep it in mind. I try not to be bothering although I am so impatient. That's so suffering because I try to plan everything well before. I don't want any delays. I am afraid I have to wait until next month or an unknown time. If the operation needs to be done, then sooner is better than later. I thought it's very kind this doctor left me his phone numbers as I have never met a doctor like that. So I hope he is a very responsible and good doctor. If he didn't leave his phone numbers and said he would arrange the operation for me, then I already found another hospital which can arrange the operation sooner. If this doctor can't arrange an operation for me, then perhaps I have to try another hospital. But what I am afraid is when everything is done, then this doctor suddenly called me, then it will be so embarrassing. I am very impatient to this case.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi youless! I think that if the doctor suggested an operation, then I think you should also first consult another doctor for second opinion before you get through the operation. And I do agree with you that if that doctor can't arrange the operation for you, then you might as well see another one who can. Your health should be your priority. I just hope that whatever condition you have at the moment, may it not really greatly affect your total wellness my friend. I always hope and pray for your good health as well as your family. Take care and God Bless!
That's so kind of you and I really appreciate to it.
@faith210 (11233)
@intimate36 (1416)
• Pakistan
In case of doctors and lawyers.... we do have very few options...
You are right
@williamjisir (22904)
Good afternoon, my dear youless. I am so sorry to hear that you will have to be kept waiting due to the delay caused by your doctor, but I think that this doctor will keep you informed when he is not that busy with all of his patients. I guess that your turn will come soon if the doctor keeps it in mind. Just be more patient, youless, and I hope that everything goes smooth with you. Stay cool and calm, please. All the best wishes to you.
I don't know whether I shall wait because it's always I contact the doctor rather than he contacts me. So I am worried whether I will be informed and I am not so sure that he will keep my contact information very well. If there is no more news tomorrow, perhaps I have to try another hospital. I don't know yet, I am still quite confused.
@ahgong (10066)
Since it is an operation that involves you, I am sure you want to get it over and done with as soon as possible. Have you tried calling the doctor involved and tell him that you managed to make an alternate arrangement? Or do you prefer to follow up with the doctor you mentioned? What matters most is which doctor are you comfortable with to perform the operation. If it doesn't matter and you want to get it over quickly, I guess a courtesy call to the doctor mentioned would be required.
My doctor contacted me and in fact right now I was back from the operation. Everything went well
@ahgong (10066)
Good that everything went well. So, now you are resting at home? Who is looking after your boy? Erm... dun mind my asking, what kind of surgery you went thru? It is okay if you do not want to share. I won't probe. Here is wishing you a speedy recovery!
My mom and my aunt helped me to take care of my son. My husband took care of me. My operation was to remove the thyroid gland tumor.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi youless, I’m sad to learn that you have a health problem and need to have an operation recently. As firstly this concern very much about your health, secondly as you have mentioned the doctor is very kind so I suggest you to make another call to ask the doctor whether there is another doctor could arrange another new appointment for you. Waiting endlessly is really torturous and wasting your precious time as well. If you are really impatient to keep on waiting, it’s wise for you to take your own initiative to confirm with the doctor whether the operation could really be done as scheduled. then I think it’s better for you to arrange another proper way to solve your problem. For your own health and convenience, you have the right to make your preferred options. Anyway, please do not feel uneasy to inform the kind doctor if you have decided to choose another hospital so as to avoid any embarrassment later on. posting, good luck and take care.
Finally my doctor contacted me and I will go to the hospital to have a check. After that, the operation will be done within these few days. After I got this news, I immediately canceled another appointment from another hospital
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi youless, I’m glad and feel relieved to know that the kind hearted doctor finally had arranged the date for the checking via the phone call. He is really a responsible and dedicated doctor. So now you could make the arrangement for taking leave. Yeah, it is nice to have this operation done earlier, so you could enjoy watching the grand Olympic games relaxingly. Hoping that everything will go smoothly. Take care and wish you the best of luck.
@lkbooi (16101)
Thanks for the best response selected. Yeah my friend, time is flying fast. Two weeks back you were waiting for the reply and the arrangement of the kind hearted doctor, and now you had recovered well. Thanks god for everything is going well. Take care and with all best wishes.
hi youless. yes its so hard to have to wait for an operation. one is ready and then you are made to wait,It is good that your doctor left you his phone numbers. maybe he will be able to speedthings up a bit for you. when you are working and need to let your boss know when you will need to take days off to have your operation, it makes itreally hard when these doctors take their own sweet time. Yes it would be embarrasing toarrange for a different hospital then have your own doctor suddenly call you. perhaps you had best wait a bit and see if your doctor doesnt arrange for the surgery. good luck and God Bless.
Finally my doctor contacted me and I will have a check tomorrow. And then I will have an operation within these few days.
@lucy02 (5017)
Youless, I hope its nothing serious and all goes well for you. You are right to be concerned. I have found that most doctors do not call you back. I have been to alot of doctor the last few years with my mother and almost none of them would call me back. One office I have called 3 times. They wanted mom to come in for blood work. The doctor had told the receptionist to call us. Of course we wanted to know what was wrong. We had the bloodwork and everything was okay but we still have not been able to find out why they called her in. My advice would be to keep calling until you get the answers you need.
You are right that doctors won't call us back. Perhaps they can't understand how nervous and worried there patients will be.