Have you ever had unwanted house guests, and how long did they stay

@sudalunts (5526)
My husband's cousin stayed with us, he was evicted from his apartment, and had nowhere to go. He thought he could made a fast buck in Louisiana after hurricane Katrina, and needed a place to stay until he left. He did not put his beer cans in the garbage, but left them where he had drank the beer. He snored like nothing I had ever heard, he stayed three days, the day he left he cut up my pillow that I had given him to use, to make it small enough to use for sleeping after he got to Louisiana, because he was going to use his car for sleeping. He was smelling and my husband had to tell him to take a shower. I made sure my husband scrubbed that shower down really good after he left.Uhggggg Then my sister in law stayed with us for a week. She wasn't too bad, but I would rather she not be here. Anyway, one morning when I was getting ready to go to work, I went into the bathroom to take a shower, and saw women's underwear on the bathroom floor. She had taken a shower and left her undies on the floor, how tacky is that. If this is something she would do at home, she should have realized that she was not at home. Funny, these are all of my husband's relatives My husband's oldest son stayed with us for about six months. He thought he owned the house. He would drink everything drinkable in the frig, and never replace anything. I started leaving my beverages in my room, so that I would have something to drink if I wanted something. He would stay up late at night watching TV, and talking on his cell phone. He even had in coming calls at all hours of the night. I came home from work one day and noticed that he had taken all of my linen out of the linen closet in order to use the shelves for his personal hygiene items. I immediately removed all of his stuff and put my linen back. He mentioned this to my husband, but knew better than to say anything to me. I was so glad when he stopped spending so much time at my house after he met a girl and gradually moved in with her. After he moved in with her, he still had a key to our house. One morning when I had gotten up for work, I was walking around in the house in my nighties and he just came into the house without even knocking. I told my husband that since he has moved out, he had no right to come and go as he pleased, without knocking on the door first. I put a big sign on the door, PLEASE KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING. That was the last time he entered my premises without letting my husband know that he was coming over. Have you ever had the house guests from Hell???
I totally understand where your comeing from because my ex-Fiance when I was with him at the time let this guy Travis he used to work with move in with us without consulting me first. I was furious. The apartment was in my name and our 4 yr. old son together and his other son from his previous marraige were liveing with us. I instantly knew that the situation was out of my hands but did lay down the rules to Travis. He was 22-23 at the time. I told him that he can only stay for a couple of weeks and would have to leave for the landlord wasn't going to have him liveing there i knew this. Travis was pretty good for the most part but had a serious drinking problem and would get into spats with others. His two weeks were nearing and I told him he had to go. He said "common let me stay a couple months so I have time to find some where to live" I told him "you had two weeks and you still don't have a place?" he said no. I told him I would have to talk to the landlord in which i did and the landlord said fine added him to the lease put how long and said after that he has to go I said fine. Well 5 months had past and oh yeah Travis was still there and I was so busy trying to work and raise my son and all I completely lost track of when he got there. Travis one night got into a major fight with some kids down at the bottom of the hill and I guess the police showed up and it got back to the office. I almost got avicted because of him and you bet I kicked him out and never had another person stay with me again. I don't know why I gave in in the first place but never will do it again.
@sudalunts (5526)
It's funny how people take advantage of the situation when someone is doing them a favor. I for one do not like staying with people. If we go somewhere I would rather stay in a hotel, than to stay with someone. We stayed with my father in law in Colorado, his wife, who is not my husband's mother told us before we arrived that she did not like people staying with them, because they were private people, and that my father in law did not have any money. Since we were visiting, I guess she thought her husband would be spending money on us. So I felt uncomfortable from day one. We tried to stay out of the house as much as possible, getting up and leaving out at seven in the morning, then do not come back until late at night. It made for a very uncomfortable vacation.