Severe Storms Putting Out Power

We have been having these wicked storms. They have hail, wind, rain, thunder and lightning. We have had these, with few exceptiions every evening for about 3 months. Night before last our power was off from shortly before 9 PM until after 2AM. Tonight it happened again. At least the power was only off for a little over an hour this time but still it is very frustrating. It seems that the storms are getting worse each year. ARe you getting wicked storms in your area? Are you finding that the weather is getting more violent in your area as compared to years in the past?
@Polly1 (12649)
We have been having lots of storms too. Its heck to be without power. specially when its hot and muggy. Its been so hot and muggy this year. I try to tell myself that I waited all winter for summer to get here. I just don't deal well with the heat, I can deal better with the cold. I do like the summertime, I just don't like it when it gets real hot, I think it has alot to do with my age, hehe. I think weather comes in cycles. Look at Florida, they had a few bad years for hurricanes, then last year it was like nothing. I remember some really bad winters before, lucky for us lately it hasn't been to bad. This past winter we did have above average snowfall. The garden sure has loved the weather we have been having. I just picked a bunch of green beans and cooked them yesturday, they were so good.
Isn't it great to have fresh veggies from the garden!
@Polly1 (12649)
Thanks for BR
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I agree there was a storm today when I was riding with my sister. After I went to see my nerologist. It was raing pretty heavy and I was pretty nervous about all the traffic while it was storming. Then later on tonight it rained again for awhile. I am glad it didn't thunder. I always unplug my computer if there is a thunderstorm. it seems like it has rained her everyday for the past week.
I dont blame you for being uneasy with lots of traffic. Seems far too many people fail to slow down when the roads are wet. Did you nerologist appointment go ok?
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Yeah it went pretty well. It was mostly for a check up to see how well I was doing sense I have had physical therapy twice. She said they gave me great compliments which is good. I also went to get refills on my medications.
I have noticed just the opposite effect. Locally our weather has been milder the last two years in my immediate vicinity. On the other hand it does seem like you guys are getting a lot more, and my neighbors to the south, and to the west as well. I am sure that there is some kind of weather cycle that causes this effect.
@brendalee (6083)
I am sorry that you have been having so many storms. I don't like storms but luckily we don't get many bad ones anymore. There was a time that we did. My boyfriend would love it if we got bad storms. He likes to watch them. We had a small somewhat bad one last week but the power was only out for a few minutes. In another town about 45 minutes away from me, they got hit pretty hard. Roofs were taken off and trailers were blown over. They say it wasn't a tornado. We joke about the huge landfill we have. We say that it is so big that it does something to the atmosphere and keeps the storms from hitting us. I have watched them on the radar, they will be bad until they get to our town and then kind of die out, only to recharge after it gets past us. LOL
@stephcjh (32328)
We have had some bad storms over the past few days also. We had some hail and strong winds and storms too. Our power kept going off and on also. We have had some very bad weather here also in the past few years. I think it has to do alot with the global warming. It is very scary.