Gorgeous Grandma Day - July 23rd

Who is a Gorgeous Grandma? She is every woman over fifty, sixty, or seventy who: Believes she has her whole life ahead of her, not her whole life behind her. Wants to get the most out of every day of her life. Wants to thrive, not just survive. Cares for her mind and her body. Remains adaptable to life’s bittersweet as well as sweet. Cherishes herself as much as she cherishes her loved ones. Refuses to remain static - who is always open to learning, to new ideas, to new challenges and to new experiences. Loves life - and lets everyone know it! ~ And, for our Single Gorgeous Grandmas ~Recovers after loss and learns to love again. My girl's gorgeous grandmom is in heaven, knocking the socks off all the gentlemen up there!!! So if you see your grandmom today, give her an extra hug!!!!
@PearlGrace (3172)
Hi kimbers867. Oh, gosh, and all this time, I thought Gorgeous Grandma day was a celebration for me!! Anyhoo, I think you are the sweetest thing ever to bring up Gorgeous Grandma Day and to pay homage to your grandma. How thoughtful! Thanks for this incredibly uplifting discussion. Who knows, you may be a Gorgeous Grandma someday...
Too funny PearlGrace!!! Sorry but you gotta share the day with all the other gorgeous grandma's out there! I was paying homage to my mom. I lost her 4 years ago at the age of 63. She didn't look it, and certainly didn't act it. My mom and I kinda of grew up together, so she could have been a very young grandmom if I would have had a baby early in life like she did. But alas, I didn't have my oldest until I was 34. That's okay, because one day I am going to be a GG! I think I just found my grandbabies nickname for me "GG". It has a nice ring to it!!
Kimbers867, I re-read your post and of course, I goofed and thought you were talking about your own grandma. Nonetheless, it is wonderful that you are thinking of your mom on this day. I, too, think GG would be a great name to be called, rather than "grandma". GG even sounds a little, well, sexy. Take care.
I didn't know that there was a gorgeous grandma day but it works out really good because my mother is a gorgeous grandma and here birthday is July 23rd. that is just way too cool.
@planejane (188)
Maybe I can be a Gorgeous Grandma one day instead of just gorgeous! I hope that I live that long and have a child of my own who also has a child.