Hurricane Dolly nears the Texas and Mexico coast...

I feel for all of you in the path of Dolly. Please take precautions. Be safe and God Bless you all. Make sure you have batteries, can food, hand held can opener, water(lots of water), flash light, medicines, etc. Just anything you can think of and be able to readily get your hands on all important papers, birth certificates, marriage license, home owner ship papers, anything important, social security cards. They will come in handy and save lots of time if you need them. Passports, drivers license. Everything important. Trust me you will need as much as you can get. Put them in a sealable plastic bag. Best of luck to you all. I use to live on the coast and dealt with hurricanes. They are why I'm not there anymore. The news says Dolly is getting stronger. And the rains will raise the water levels. Take care everyone in her path. Blessings to you all.
Hi,Moondancer,The advice you gave to everyone in the path of the hurricane is very important.I hope everyone will heed it.I have had to deal with hurricanes too. The last one was hurricane Katrina.The only other advice I can think of is to please listen to the authorities.If they request that you evacuate,please do so before the highways are crowded,if it is possible.Another thing please make sure your pets are in a safe place especially if you are unable to take them with you.My prayers are with every one. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Very good advice mc. I didn't think to say anything about the animals, because it wouldn't accure to me to leave mine behind. They would be with me of course. And leaving when they say you should is a great idea, also leaving ahead of that if you can. Many people do get stuck in traffic and run out of gas, oh gas that's another thing. And if you can get a generator this comes in very handy...but you'll need gas for it and your cars. Thanks for the important things you added mc.
@teka44 (3425)
• Brazil
Hi dear moondancer. You give a very good advice it is the right thing to do. I hope that this hurricane doesn't make the same damage that others. I am happy that you could avoid hurricanes so I don't need to worry about you my friend. Cheers and have a good day.
Thank you teka. I guess I have been through enough to know what you need. I'm also glad I don't have to worry about them my myself and daughter and her family. My sons and granchildren live on the coast still so I worry for them And my brother. Thankfully they are not in Texas or Mexico.