Cell phone blanked out…..

Yesterday my cell phone got blanked out. I have no idea what happened. I was talking to a friend, and suddenly the call got cut. When I tried to call her again I could not see anything in the screen of my cell phone, it was all white. I can receive call but can not see it. I called the customer service and they told that they will replace the phone with a reconditioned phone of same model. Who knows how that will work. I did not expect this kind of problem from Sony. Have you ever faced this kind of problem with your phone?
I had the same problem! My screen used to turn white and drop calls, then it started shutting itself off and then turning back on. I found it happened less when my battery was fully charged. It is usually a sign of something with the battery. You can usually call the your cell phone provider and ask them to send you a new phone or a new battery, they usually wont charge. Depending on the provider they might ask you to sign another two year contract if you want a new phone. If you still want the phone your using, you can look on E-bay for a battery for your phone. I would definatly call your provider first before you buy anything, the might be able to reset it. Good luck!
Yes, I did call my provider and they are sending one. Then I have to send back my old one to them.
@Mirita (2668)
Yes, I had the same problem with a nokia phone ,but they just repaired the phone since they don't believe in replacement unless they cannot fix it.
At least they made it work, which is good for you.
The last time my cellphone did anything similar to that was when I dropped it in the hot tub, acciden. I took the battery pannel of, blew into all the little metal connections, let it dry for about 10 miutes, put it back together, and it worked fine. I don't know i that is your problem. but that's why my phone did that, when it did hat.
I did not do anything, thats why it is very strange for me. I tried like check the battery and all, but did not worked.