I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat

Shirley Waiting for Her Breakfast Buddies - Since I put these new feeders up, Shirley has a new favorite place to relax in the morning.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
I did, I did! Shirley has decided that she likes laying on this nice cool rock beneath the bird feeders, waiting on her avian friends to come join her for breakfast. So far she hasn't been able to catch any of them, but she sure enjoys watching what is going on around her. Do you have a cat that likes to watch the birds?
I had a cat that would perch in the window whenever I had it up. She would watch the birds and do her little 'chirrups', too. It's such a cute sound. Whenever she saw another cat, though, she would yowl. Such a strange sound. And she would snort. That was funny. When my cat, Poopsie, and I lived in an apartment house, she caught a mouse and ate it. Then she urped the darned thing back up. YUCK!!!
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Shirley did that with a bird she caught. Ate most of it and then I threw the rest away. I had just changed the linen on the bed and I heard her in there barfing. Up came half the bird. Needless to say, the linen got washed again.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
i don't have a cat but i have a dog that likes to watch the birds & catch them. i have fussed & fussed at her but she does it anyway. bad dog!
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
I don't think fussing at them can get rid of their natural instinct. Shirley has caught birds, rabbits, moles (even digs the mole holes like a dog), but so far she hasn't got any that come to the feeders.
we used to have this little yellow finch that would stand right outside the glass doors leading to the deck. The cat would watch this little bird from inside the house. He's raise his paw up to bat the bird, but of course the bird was on the other side of the glass never worked much to cat's dismay.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
And I'm sure the cat couldn't figure out why. They are funny critters, aren't they?
@Jody20 (887)
• Netherlands
My cat loves to watch the birds from the balcony. Two weeks ago he even catch a little bird, i felt really sorry for the little feathered friend.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Shirley has caught a few, but so far these guys have been able to escape her, even though they are not very far off the ground. The hummingbirds actually dive bomb, trying to run her off!
@minnie_98214 (10574)
My cats do this all the time they love to try and catch a bird but they just arent fast enough. Now they can catch themselves baby bunnies so we try and keep them inside at night during baby bunny time. They only got one this summer so far but they brought it into my house still alive. We saved it had some fur missing but no blood so we think it survived thankfully.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Shirley has found a couple of bunnies and birds that I know of, and while I'm not too happy about that, I am thankful when she gets a mole. She even digs the holes just like a dog.
how cute, acatwill be a cat no matter what. a cat always looks for the most comfortable spot. I wish I did have acat now, but alas I live in an apt. complex which does not allow any pets' at all. But when we had our own house, our black cat Ebony would watch the birds but she never did chase at them, just watched them.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Cats definitely do whatever they want, when they want, that's for sure. It really is cute watching her wait for the flurry of activity all around when the birds come in.
• Marion, Kansas
All my cats like to watch the birds. Sometimes they catch them. They also catch other little critters. My cats lay on top of cars, especially the full sized van. Cats like to watch birds, regardless of whether they are trying to catch them or not. I wish we had a kitty cat smiley.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Yes, they are fascinated with any of the movement at all. It's their nature to stalk, but Shirley catches her fair share of critters, some I like, some I don't.
• Lubbock, Texas
LOL. Yes! My cat gets up on the back of the couch and looks out the window trying to chirp like a bird to call them.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Tries to chirp? Ohmy, I'll bet that's funny.
@Carrie26 (1587)
Awww your cat is so cute.He was hoping for a buddy to come along wasnt he?Unfortunately my kitten Oreo passed away about a week and a half ago.I still miss him.He never even got to live a full life.But I am going to be getting 2 kittens off of my sister as her cat had another litter of kittens so I thought I would take some off of her hands.Arent cats just cute and unpredicateable in what they do?One minute spunky and one minute loving and calm.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Several types of birds were coming and going while she was laying there, I just wasn't quick enough to be able to get the birds in the picture at the same time.
@dragon54u (31407)
No, but my dog Cookie will spend hours underneath the tree, jumping up trying to reach the next about 25 feet above her! She'll bark and carry on till she's exhausted. She also stalks the birds and squirrels and treed a couple of squirrels at different times last week, I had to bring her in to give them a chance to escape, as there are no structures close enough to the tree for them to jump onto and get away. Cats are a hoot, they are dedicated hunters and very wily! Unfortunately, I can't have one because I'm deathly allergic to them but I do feed the strays and they are usually either friendly now in a stand-offish way or they'll tolerate me being near.
@bunnybon7 (34480)
• Holiday, Florida
i used to have a cat that did funny chattering sounds when he saw a bird out the window. and i had one that tried to get our hamsters for a while, till i started throwing a shoe at her. (dont worry never hit her. lol)and she quit after a while. she'd look around then start to jump, id reach for my shoe and she'd run. HA~ oh and the same one used to bring birds in and give me. uuugghh! until i belled her. i just remembered that