Ok So Who Has Started Their Christmas Shopping?

How many other crazy people are there out there, like me. I am actually one month behind this year, due to the economy and gas prices. I did start though this week, by picking up a few things i know my kids want. I will start scoping the sale flyers now, and looking to put on layaways. I try to purchase one thing each paycheck, even if it is a gift card, so I dont feel like I have to buy everything all at once, when Christmas finally gets here.
@cher913 (25895)
i guess i am about 25 % done in regards to christmas shopping. i bought a sweater for my dad at winter clearance sales, i have bought some stuff at garage sales, and when i see something that is not that expensive and i know the person will like, i buy it. i hate spending all that money at christmas time. if you can diversify it over the year, why not?
@cher913 (25895)
oh and i even start wrapping in september too!!!
LOL I would start wrapping that early if I could get away with it. When my kids were real small I could even put them under the tree and they wouldnt even bat an eye.
@cher913 (25895)
my girls are older (11 and 15) and while they like christmas and know where i keep the presents, they seem to be able to keep their curiosity in check (i sure couldnt when i was their age and still cant!! LOL)
I usually start next Christmas' shopping the day after Christmas...lol I hate trying to come up with stuff for the entire family in a rush, so I expand my shopping throughout the year so I know I have gotten everyone something, and possibly have the chance of getting everyone a little something more, than just one or two presents.
I do try to get toys on clearance, the days after xmas, if I know they will want it the next year. Their tastes change so much in a year. I do suck up all the ornaments, decorations and wrapping paper though.
@lilaclady (28270)
I must be honest i have bought a couple of things that I saw on special that i put aside in a big box so i can say I have started already not that I have to buy many any more as we all decised to go out for dinners instead of buying presents these days.
Going out for dinner is a great idea. I dont think my 4 and 8 yr old would agree though.
@cjgrooms (4457)
I started at the after Christmas sales. My daughter has all of her shopping done. She finished it up in May.
@Scarrlet (168)
• Ukraine
Wow, I am surprised to hear talking about Christmas presents right now, in the middle of summer )) You are really crazy, but i think that's fun. I hate buying presents right before the actual holiday, because it feels that i do it just because i have to. i appreciate much more the presents given in common days. so, partly i understand you as well: if you see a thing in a store and immediately think about making another person happy with this gift, why not buy it right away? such presents are always better and come from heart. I should think about buying something much earlier (yet still won't be able to start the season as early as you do, lol).