A man that completely lost his memory

@maximax8 (29138)
United Kingdom
This evening there was a man on television that lost all his memory in 2005 and found himself in a hospital in London. He didn't know who he was or anything about his life. It was like his memory had a complete wipe and he didn't know about events in the past. The police brought him a map and he found a street he thought he knew. The manager of his football club lived there. His family found him but he didn't recognize any of them. He has spent the last couple of years finding out who he is and about his past. He knows that he is 25 years old and that he is starting again with a fresh start in life. He says many people plod along in life and it has taken this event for him to rebuild his life in a positive way. What do you think about this? Who would you find that you are: a mum, dad, sister, brother?
@Wyldrose (1216)
Wow..I can't imagine losing my memory like that. Granted there are some things I'd like to forget (lol) but to forget everything in your past and not even know your family? That would be a nightmare. Can you imagine how his family feels? That has got to be really hard. :(
@maximax8 (29138)
Yes, it must have been especially hard for the man to realize that he has a six year old daughter and not remember anything about her. I think that his family must have been so upset that he had lost all memory of them but they were glad to have him home and help him rebuild his life. Thanks for capturing the way his family felt in such a wonderful way.
@sunkissed (4332)
Oh how terriable for this man.Glad his family found him. I hope he will regain his memory someday I have heard of this happening to people before, they had accidents and injured their heads and got amniesia, and forgot everything.I would think how awful that would be, when your family found you and you had to learn to know them all over again. At first it would be like being with strangers..
@maximax8 (29138)
Yes, it must have been awful to have to go to live with strangers and have to learn everything all over again. It was distressing for him to have different accounts of his past from his mum that was only telling him good things and his friends that were being more truthful. I feel so sorry for all people that have an experience like this man.
That's got to be so scary for the guy. I'm glad his family found him, at least. I know I would discover that I was a friend and a younger sister, as well as a librarian. But I'm not sure what else I would "discover". I know a lot of things would likely be lost permanently, like several places I go to online that none of my irl friends frequent (which would be a shame, but minor, so oh well).
@maximax8 (29138)
Yes, it must have been really frightening for the man. Just imagine meeting your family and friends and not knowing any of them. You would forget that you are a member of My Lot. Hopefully you would discover it again. It would be interesting for you to go back to your life as a librarian. Thanks for imagining in such an excellent way what your life would be like if you forgot all your memory.
There are some things in everyone's life they'd like to forget, but I'd rather not lose all the good things along with the bad. How horrible to bbe lost that way! Anyone could try to re-invent themselves (Madonna does it almost annually), ut that's not the same as not knowing about what came before last week! I'll continue to put the unpleasant at the end of the list, and continue to enjoy every moment of the good.
@Darkwing (21588)
This man was one of the lucky ones. I have heard of several people completely losing their memories this way, and never ever knowing who they had been in their previous years, nor how old they are. Some have disappeared from the face of the earth suffering complete memory loss. It must be so harrowing, not only for them, but for their families as well. As I said... this man was fairly lucky in that he remembered, or was able to place a familiarity with this particular street, for he found those who cared for him again. Ok... he'll never know what he did in his previous twenty five years, but I wonder if they actually willingly block out their past for whatever reason. I know a friend who has lost eleven years of their life because they shut it out, through those years being a nasty experience. Now, they want to remember, but can't. It must be a case of the subconcious clearing itself, I think. I'm glad to hear this man could at least find those who cared for him, and begin to rebuild his life. Thank you for sharing, my friend and Brightest Blessings. xx
@faith210 (11233)
Hi maximax8! Oh that must feel horrible losing all of your memory. I would be feeling so lost, sad and frustrated if that happens to me. It would also be devastating for his family seeing him that way and that he does not even recognize them. It must be very hard for all of them. I hope that somehow he will regain his memory back. Take care and God Bless!