Future Increased Sales Taxes

@Fishmomma (11452)
There is a vote today by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority that could mean higher costs for people spending money in Los Angeles County in the future. Its a sales tax that would become 8.75% for 30 years. Would you vote to increase the sales tax? The increase won't happen if it can't get a 2/3 support and I'm not certain that it can with many people out of work, others concerned about losing their homes, and many that vote no on all money issues. Here are the facts, if it gets on the ballot in November and passes. Would all the road projects get completed? The answer is no and the information doesn't mention any project that would for certain be completed. It would bring in billions of dollars for transportation. 13 mass transit projects and 16 road projects would get money and some city projects. Which projects will get started first is questioned. You know this is vague when you see $6 billion to cities for transportation needs. I think we should know of at least 1 project that would be completed and when it would be started. People work hard for their money and should know where the money is going now.
@fwidman (11515)
I will definitely be going to the polls in November, and since I live in L.A. County will be voting against such a silly thing as a tax increase 8.25% is high enough for me!
@Fishmomma (11452)
I will vote against it also. I'm concerned that the only people that would see it are the head officials lining their pockets. Thanks for the reply and your shoes are sure high. I would fall off of them quickly.
@fwidman (11515)
I think they are only 3 inch heels, not that high, but they look dangerous in the picture
I wonder if poor Charley is still riding the subway. LOL If you don't know what I'm talking aou, look up the song MTA by The Kingston Trio. For some reason, this discussion reminded me of that song. LOL That sog was famous in the 60s, so this really isn't a new problem. Look up the song and you'll kow what I mean, if you do't already know it.
@Fishmomma (11452)
I sure do know it and laughed out loud. Its a great reply and thanks for answering my discussion. I was really tired of the fluff topics and was going to pick one of the most challenging problems in the state of California to discuss.
I would probably vote no. I want to know that if I pay more on taxes that the money goes where it is suppose to go and not in someone else's pockets.
@dragon54u (31637)
Taxes make me angry. I know it's the price we pay for our roads, libraries, social programs and other things that make life good but too often the money is wasted and so many people are on the brink of financial ruin that they can't afford more taxes! I think that local and federal governments had better start tightening their belts and doing what we regular people do--finding ways to make do, do without, improve what they have and cut the fat from the budget!