Caught in the rain

@neildc (17254)
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
Today is a very shiny day. But yesterday afternoon, rains falls. It went all the way till night, I finished my work here at about 10 and when I went out of the office, there was no rain, nothing. So I drive my motorcycle, way to go home. Suddenly the rain falls again. I was already at the top of the bridge so I have nowhere to hide myself. I got my raincoat in the bag but I cannot stop and I have no time to get it, I must move on. So I arrived home, wet and freezing. Have you experienced being caught in the rain and you have nowhere to hide and keep from getting wet? Like something in the open field. KEEP SMILING = NEIL
@salonga (27963)
Well, the rain will never ever catch me unaware. Why? Because I don't leave the house without umbrella. When I am not using my car, I make it a point to always bring my umbrella wherever I go... so sorry rain, you can't get me wet coz I am always prepared for your falling!
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
HAHAHA! Sorry rain, you can't caught salonga by surprise, Thanks for sharing my friend.
@littleowl (7157)
Many a time mainly when just ouut round the shops there is hardly anywhere to hide then I get drenched and if I have my dogs with me its even worse as they have long hair and on getting home I have to dry them down before myself!!! bright blessings littleowl
@checapricorn (16066)
Hi neildc, ALways when I was working back home..LOL! I am lazy about bringing umbrealla!LOL! So, I end up getting wet, it's okay for me when I am on my way home, what is sad is that when I will be on my way to work! It's very hassle! LOL! Anyway, we are still thankful for having rain!
@CopyPaper (229)
That's one of the disadvantage of riding of motorcycle. Though you can save a lot from it (not to mention that fuel rises every week, I wonder when will they tag it for Php100/liter), you are prone to accidents. And not only that you get all the dirts, you will be fried under the sun or get freezing cold under the rain. My suggestion, get a good vehicle for yourself. :)
@sunkissed (4332)
neildc, oh that is too bad my friend, I often see men on motercycles that have been caught in the rain just like you have discribed, I fill very sorry for them, there is really not much you can do, glad you had your raincoat..Do you wear a helmet?I too have been caught in the rain before many times. The weather man did not call for rain. the last time we were at a amusement park/water park we were having fun the grandkids were riding the rides. all of a sudden it came a down pour.we were pretty lucky we were not too far from a bbq place that had a covered eating place we went there, but we were soaked by the time we got there. we ordered some food and waited there until it stoped raining some.
I got caught in the rain before too, once. I was walking on my way home when it suddenly rained... Although I had my umbrella with me, I just didnt care. I just continued to walk since I was few blocks away from home. Perhaps it was already my choice to get wet.. But I dont do that now, I'm afraid to get sick.
@dhangski (3194)
Oh, I pity you best. Glad that you didn't catch a flu. When my husband was still here, we always experience this kind of situation. We are used in travelling by motorcycle. And there were times that I have to go with him in his work to visit my father. When it starts to rain both of us gets wet, coz we are travelling on highway. No sheds, no trees to hide. P.S. next time, don't trust the weather. I suggest that even if it is not raining, wear you raincoat. LOL. HUGZ best! Mwaaaaah!
@msedge (4012)
Oh i was caught in the rain many times when i was still a student.I hate bringing an umbrella.Even i know it will rain i just won't really bring.So when i got to my boarding house i looked like a wet chicken,.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
well i guess you have already changed and i presume you are already working. in that case, you have to be ready everytime now, it is difficult to get wet in the rain if we came from a very tiring work. thanks my friend. (star 91 @ 1392)
@msedge (4012)
Your welcome
@longbangod (1791)
I experienced that when I was still using my motorcycle. That was 2 years ago. Thanks God He gave us a gift wherein we could travel wihtout the fear of being caught in the rain. I really pity my kids during those times wherein we come home wet. Soon you'll have that gift too!
@sweety_81 (2129)
Oh God ! You must have had a terrible time in rain .I too had a similar experience once and was drenched terribly . I sneezed a lot then . Hopefully;you are fully fine now . Regards Sweety_81
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
Yeah, here in Ugand, we had perhaps the heaviest downpower midmorning in a long time-many people were drenched beacuse nobody epected it! It looks like the bad weathers we are seeing in America is trying to catch up with us.
Hi NEIL, Oh yes I was going for a job interview one day and the sun was shining so I walk because the office was not too far from where I live, by the time I got halfway there the heavens opened up and I got to the interview soaking wet and guess what? I never did get that job. Tamara