Talking Behind People's Back (Backstabbing)

Singapore
I have this ex-friend (well, she ceased to be my friend about 3 months back) who likes to backmouth people behind their backs. She can be all nice and sugary in front of you, and the next thing you know, you hear from a lot of people that she had been saying nasty things about you to them. What would you do in this situation? Would you cease the friendship with her? Or would you do an eye for an eye and take revenge? What's your take on this scenerio and what would you be feeling upon hearing this? Share your experiences =)
@zhaosonghan (1039)
Ceasing the friendship with her!it's obvious she is not honest person,she bamed you,no one love this kind of people.I had never meet this kind of people so far,i hope i have no this kind of friends who are like this.
Thanks for your advice. That was exactly what I did months back. It's my first and hopefully my last too. I never do want to meet this type of people ever again in my life! That is why people always says be careful of who you make friends with, and out of these friends, be careful of who you trust. I found out that this is very true the tough way. Anyway, lucky you! Your circle of friends and acquiantance must be very nice and good people who do not do this kind of stuff behind your back. You are lucky and please really treasure them as these type of good people does not cross your paths often. Well, take care! =)
@MizukiZHR (611)
I don't like a person who like to backmouth people.I think it is a bad habit and his/her friends will leave him/her at last for this reason.I won't talk to this kind of person and only look them as clowns.
Thanks for your input MizukiZHR. =) I agree with you, it is really a very bad habit and I really don't understand why people can be like that. What is the word for it? Hypocrites..? Lol, it would really be very funny to imagine them as clowns. Thanks for the suggestion, I really love that! The next time round when someone talks bad behind my back, I would then think of them as clowns and that would really solve the problem! =DD