Mother beaten infront of children and neighbours

@kwenge (2493)
Kenya
Yesterday a young mother was paraded infront of her three children and one toddler by husband........she was ordered to swear before the kids and everyone around that she is not going to give birth again ever. They had agreed with hubby that 3 kids will be enough and she suddenly conceived the fourthborne while the third borne was only 6 months old...........she ran away to her parents home and came back after giving birth to her new borne..Now to make this a discussion, who should be responsible on to become pregnant for another child or not? Should only the wife be stoned when something like this happens or both? Do you support the man's behavior?
@gtargirl (5385)
What on Earth??? In which country did this take place, my friend. I did not know we could actually have an agreement like this with a punishment attached to it. Wow! I think the man committed a crime on so many levels.
@kwenge (2493)
• Kenya
Yes gtargirl it happened here in Kenya in one village! she was soo ashamed in front of her kids and neighbours. Yes its a crime but sometimes they get out of it I dont know how. Thanks for your response.
@Wizzywig (7859)
No, I think the husband should be castrated ... problem solved! (I'm assuming he was the biological father of the fourth child)
@kwenge (2493)
• Kenya
castrated? heheheeeeee thats a good idea . Thanks for your response.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi kwenge, it’s really amazing to learn that there is still such a merciless and autocratic husband nowadays. In the first place to scold and to make the wife to swear in front of the children and others, definitely would teach the children not to respect their mom. Secondly, the wife surely would feel insulted and disgraced as this private incident happened in the public. I think both of the husband and wife are responsible for the pregnancy and it’s not fair just to blame the wife only for not taking any precaution. Even though if the wife wanted the fourth borne and moreover she was willing to suffer in the pregnancy and labor. Actually the husband should understand this and forgive his wife but not to take the rude action in the public anyway. A wife is meant for love but not for scolding. posting and take care.
@Lindalinda (4112)
This is totally insane. We don't live in the stone ages anymore and nobody should ever be stoned. Both the husband and wife are responsible for birth conrol. If they decide to not have any more children the wife could have her tubes tied or the husband could have a vasectomy, or better still each of them should have the procedure done. In any case this husband should be punished by the law for attacking his wife.