Security do you feel secure?

@raydene (9874)
I just was reading quotes and found this: Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer that outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing. - Helen Keller Do you agree with this?
@faith210 (11233)
Hi raydene! Yes, I think so too. There is no security in this world, maybe temporarily I will feel that sense of security one way or the other but in time I will just find out that it is not a permanent thing even though I have worked hard to reach security in life. Take care and God Bless!
@suspenseful (40316)
Thanks for the best response.
My little knowledge is, there is no secure place on earth. Living from day to day is dangerous. We are just taking risk to face our lives be survived. That is being a human being.
@royal52gens (5380)
I agree that our sense of security is elusive. It is not something you can touch, feel, smell or hear. I have been told that "locks only keep honest people honest". What do you think of that one?
@Vladilyich1 (1454)
I can agree with that! What's happening today to us in the name of "security" is an abomination to civilization. The abuses heaped on the citizenry by the government because of "security", is a disgrace.
@suspenseful (40316)
I suppose if you do not dare if you live or die, you can do dangerous things like jumping off tall buildings or going to the Antarctic. But it is nothing to do with security, that is being sensible. However you cannot sit in your cocoon, and there are times when you have to take chances. I suppose I partially agree with her but not all. She has not told of the dangers she does not avoid. If the danger is something that will lead to success, then do not avoid it. If the danger is something that will land you in hospital or you will lose all your money, then avoid that. Otherwise do not worry.