Would You Like To See What A $50,000 Hamburger Looks Like?

@peaceful (3286)
Hi everybody! :) It's that time of year when the Build A Better Burger contest is kicking into high gear, and you can bet that I got my recipe(s) all set and ready to WIN! LOL! :) The deadline is August 18th, just in case any of you brave burger chefs out there want to try for the Big One, and I would love to have some company from Mylot, too! Am I the only one who enters these contests? Well, anyway here's a link to some of the past winners along with their recipes: http://www.buildabetterburger.com/burgers/hall_of_fame Now I know that $50,000 might not be as attractive an amount of money for the effort that it might take to win this contest, but at least it's enough to fill your gas tank a couple of times, and maybe pay a few bills, too! Here's a hint at what my recipe will be: http://www.apsense.com/article/121257.html And a few signs to look for that tell you when you've been online too long! :) 1. Tech Support calls you for help. 2. Someone at work tells you a joke and you say "LOL." 3. You watch TV with the closed captioning turned on. 4. You have called out someone's screen name while making love to your significant other. 5. You keep begging your friends to get an account so "you can hang out."
That burger looks delicious peaceful. I hope you win. I am pretty basic with mine. I guess I should try something alittle more interesting. Anyway I may try making an internal cheeseburger sometime. That would be exotic for me. Seriously though your burger sounds good and I think you will have a good chance to win.
@peaceful (3286)
Thank you for your kind wishes, Snowy! :) The thing that I like about making burgers is that you can get as wild as you want and still come up with a pretty acceptable sandwich! :)
@sunshine4 (8709)
I have never heard of the Build a Better Burger contest~ how fun that you have a recipe and are going to join:) I took a look at the other winners and they certainly have some creative burgers. I usually just use regular ground round, mix in Montreal Seasoning and grill....pretty boring! Good luck in the contest.
@peaceful (3286)
I like that simple recipe, Sunshine! :) Actually, if it was up to me, I rather not cook my hamburger at all! LOL! Thanks for your kind wishes! :)
@carolscash (9501)
I like this discussion and I must say that I enjoyed the signs that I have been online too long. I have never entered a cooking contest and probably would not enjoy it as I am not a fan of cooking most times. I would like to win $50,000 as I could pay off several bills with that.
@peaceful (3286)
I might be able to make $50,000 last a little while, if I invest it correctly that is... But in today's market you could lose it overnight. Maybe I'll just throw a big party for my friends! LOL!