How do you deal with rude, unfriendly people?

@rup011 (726)
Germany
I get extremely irritated and furious when some one talks rudely to me or my family. Its hard for me to let go. What do you normally do when you encounter such people? Do you just ignore them or point out to them about their wrong behavior?
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,rup! I just avoid friends or anybody who behave rude.just forget everything soon after the incident.I will leave them to realise their fault.thanx.
@rup011 (726)
You are lucky that you forget the incidents. I find it really difficult to forget these and I feel that I should do some thing to make them realize their mistakes. But I guess, they never realize and its better not to waste time and energy after such rude people. I will try to ignore such incidents from next time. I am not sure though. But I will try.
As rudeness becomes more and more common, I find myself becoming more and more sarcastic. Sometimes, though, I can't resist taking a bit of action. Just yesterday, I went to a store manager to make sure she knew that the reason I would no longer shop there was the rudeness of teh help. She may or may not do anything about it, but I certainly wouldn't want an employee who loses business for the shop. I'll just go to a different branch of the store.
@rup011 (726)
Thats good. At least you made an effort. Thats what matters.
@vicky30 (4777)
I also get frustrated with rude and unfriendly people.I let go of it after sometime and hope i do not come face to face with the same person again.
@rup011 (726)
Your approach is also good. But in my case, I have to come face to face with such people often and then it really becomes difficult for me to tolerate them.
@abhaijith (2961)
Its better to behave gently to those people.Cos that is their nature and we can't change it by pointing out it.
@rup011 (726)
What you say is absolutely true. We really cannot change the nature of such people. That's the reason I feel very irritated when I encounter such people, since I know nothing can change them.
• Lubbock, Texas
As hard as it is to do, the best thing is to ignore them and walk away. Admittedly I don't always to that, but these rude people are seeking recognition and attention. When you pass over that invitation to start a confrontation you deflate them and destroy the power they have over you.
@rup011 (726)
May be you are right. I never realized this aspect. From next time I will try to remind myself whenever encounter such people.
@spalladino (17925)
As I aged beyond 40 I found that I was losing my tolerance for rude, obnoxious people and that's one of the lesser reasons that I decided to move to south Florida. Here everyone is nice for the most part but, when I do encounter someone who is rude or just a jerk...my reaction will depend on the setting and the situation. If a family member is acting like a jerk to his/her wife/husband I'm staying out of it but if someone is rude to me in a store or a parking lot, we're going to have words about it.
@rup011 (726)
Thanks for your honest thoughts. Even I believe that people should be made to realize their rude behavior and how it affects others.