Are old films boring?

I find old movies interesting and sometimes funny. Its interesting because it brings us back to memory lane when films are just starting. We can see how films evolved through time. Do you watch old films?
@jillhill (37383)
I love old films and watching to see how they did the backdrops etc....they did a very good job for what they had to work with! It's fun just rehashing all the old black and whites....and watching the progress!
yOU BET! black and white films are fun to watch.
@philjas (1134)
I really don't understand why some younger people hate movies in black and white. To each his own, but I LOVE movies from the old days, and I mean before 1960. That's not to say there aren't a lot of modern movies I love to, but, the actors, or I should say the STARS today just aren't the same. They had class back in the old days. They weren't perfect and had scandals and bad things going on in their lives too, but somehow it didn't seem to show so much in public like it does now. I guess we could blame that on the media. But one thing for certain, in older movies the characters on screen had a lot of class. Just something in the way they talked, not to mention the dialogue, was a lot more sophisticated than most movies today.
Yeah, really different from today.
Good day. Yes I absolutely love old films. Film like sound of music, casa blanca, gone with the wind. breakfast at tiffany's, Roman holiday, star wars (4,5,6), Ten commandments, Ben hur and many more. They're classic and raw, you'll definitely appreciate how they make the films minus the slung (though I don't complain cause finally gotten use to it) and the remnants of the past were captured in old films.It's history in motion.
So true bro.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
I guess it depends on what you mean by old. I like the old horror film from the late 70's-80's but other than that no. I hate black and white, and do not like the technicolor or whatever that is called. I know a lot of people like them, my dad loves them, but personally I don't.
70 and 80s film are imteresting.
Old movies can be just as interesting as newer movies, and newer movies can be just as dull as older ones. Remakes sometimes improve upon the original; sometimes, you can't improve a classic. What I appreciate about older films is that many of them are a little more "family friendly" than what Hollywood has produced in recent years.
Thats true, many of them are family oriented. I definitely agree that classics cant be remaked or improved.
I love old movies. I don't find them boring at all. I love them.
I like the seven samurai movie. What is your favorite old movie?
@deebomb (15322)
There are many old films that I enjoy watching more than once. "Gone With the Wind" is one. I also like The "African Queen" with Humpry Bogart and Kathreen Hepburn. they are terrific in that old film. I have my favorite actors and actress that i like to watch in any thing that they do. I like any thing with Jimmy Stewart in any thing he has done especially the comedies. I love those old comedies
@PearlGrace (3172)
I do like watching old films. I am not sure whether you are talking about movies in the 1940s and 1950s, or if you are talking about movies from the 1970s or 1980s. I tend to like movies within the last 30 years or so. Some might not consider such films that old. I love a movie with a good plot, so I'd watch one from long ago if it was rumored to have a good story.
@nupats (3564)
i love some old movies though the technology or picture quality was not so good but stories were amazing and actors had lot of depth in them..in old hindi actors kishore Kumar, Dev Anand, Dharmendra were my favourites and Vajanti Mala, Madhu Bala, Nargis were my favourite actresses...i love some old movies Guide, Jewel Thief, Mughal-e-Azam, Naya Daur, Mother India
@metschica25 (5407)
I love older films and black and white ones . The true classic movies are the best if you ask me . There is nothing like gone with the wind , and breakfast at tiffanys . those are true awesome movies
@austere (2816)
old movies are indeed interesting. i love old movies as well. it's funny and humorous and it make sense to me. my boyfriend loves old movies as well, i mean he really loves watching movies, any type of movies, he can stand it!hehe and we spend time together watching old movies in his place when we got nothing to do, we both enjoy it, and personally, i really find them entertaining.
@roniroxas (10576)
there are films that are boring specially if it is really dragging. whether it is old or new there are films that are really boring. i also love watching old films specially if the film is comedy. even in todays film i also love watching comedy films. i am not for love story films so for me that would be boring to watch. i want action comedy films. one that would make me laugh all the way
Some definitely can be. I think that film noirs are the best because they are kind of timeless, you know? The subject matter is really intriguing to me and I can get through them. I've seen some old comedy films that just didn't do it for me. I guess it was because of the humor.
@icegermany (2524)
i really dont like to watch old movies but my husband likes it so sometimes i watch it with him, if i m alone i never watch it more than old movies i prefer new one or my favourite filmstar movies mostly i like to watch comedy movies also if its old i watch but there should be my favourite stars in that
I'm not really a fan of old movies. I like movies that are in color and have characters I can relate to. I dont have AMC anyomore or a channel that shows old movies so I dont really have a chance to watch them anymore. I dont feel that I am missing alot because as I said I find the characters and circumstance difficult to relate to.