A reoccurring dream foretold my fate, but I never listened.

Since I was a small child, I had this nightmare that haunted me. It had me waking up in cold sweats. I am from the south, backwoods area. Lots of trees and such. The dream was always the same: With me sitting on the porch looking out into the woods. It's about 10pm or so. Then I see what looks like a bright light beaming towrd me through the trees. Then I see this silhouette of a womanwith flowing dark hair. She is not to tall, short in fact and had a nice shape. But something about her was wrong. Her eyes would start to glow bright green. Creepy right? tell me about it. She chases me for what seemed to be hours through the woods. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't get away from her. She was always a few feet behind me. I would try to hide in the fog of the woods, no luck. I could feel the wind blowing behind her, making her hair fan in the wind. This happenned for over 20 years almost nightly. At times I was scared to go to sleep. I knew she would be there waiting. I met this beautiful woman, and started dating. It was the happiest I had been in some time. One night I was sleeping in the bedroom taking a power nap. This is where it gets crazy... As I lay there sleeping, i slightly open my eyes. Still foggy from the nap. I see a the small silhouette in the doorway. Hair blowing as if the wind was behind it. Eyes were shining. OMG ! ! ! THIS TIME THE DREAM IS IN MY HOME NOT IN THE WOODS ! ! ! The figure came closer to me, and all could think about was protecting my woman whom was also in the apartment. When the figure got closer to me I swung my arms to attack. The shadow went down. I felt stronger, but as I started to get off the bed, the shadow rose. The lights came on, the woman of my life was holding her face. What I didn't know. Her eyes were shining due to the refletion of the light bouncing off the mirror in the room. Her hair was blowing as a result of the fan behind her. The bright lights came from the kitchen light being on and her walking into a dark room. The shadow was small because she was just over 5ft tall. I said I was sorry more times then I could count. We later got married. Long story short, the marriage did not work. And she has put me through so much mentally abuse, at times I can't take it. My point is: Please pay close attention to any dreams that reoccur, life is trying to tell you something.
@Wyldrose (1216)
Wow...that is just a little bit too freaky for me.. I'm sorry all that happened to you. Have you had any dreams since all this came to light??
About the silhouette? NO Thank Goodness! After that, the silhouette never returned. I guess point taken. Most of my dreams tend to come true in time. I hate it. If I base my life on my dreams, I fear I will have great suffering with little joy. My fiancee tells they all can't come true. Sounds easy enough to say, but I can't. Although, with her I feel I can overcome anything.
@Wyldrose (1216)
It sounds like you've got a wonderful fiancee! Good luck in your future with her. :)
Thank You.
Wow! Thanks for sharing that with us. I am sorry it turned out badly with the marriage but the dream did stop. Had she known about your dream before this event? I have lots of dreams that recur but think they are mostly based around things that have already happened and places I have been. I keep not being able to find my way back to my hotel room at the moment - in my dreams. However, the layout is different each time. Sometimes I seem to be trying to go upstairs when everybody else is coming down. Must mean I feel like I am battling against the tide!! Nothing too scarey thought thankfully.
't' not supposed to be on 'thought' near end.
She didn't know of the dream. I never connected it until that night. I am just glad that the ordeal is over. Well the dream stopped anyways.
@applefreak (3131)
oh my goodness that is really freaky. you've been forewarned since young but didn't make the connection. it's really a very strange incidence. i don't know what to make of it. it doesn't fall under anything at all, definitely not deja vu or premonition. i've had dreams of being chased around by vampires since young. does that mean i will meet people who will suck my energy away? guess i better try to identified these people before it's too late. thanks for sharing this very interesting phenomenon. cheers and take care ya.
I know huh, it doesn't fit anywhere. As for yours, no vampires in your future. Oh wait, watch out during the holloween season. Vamps are everywhere then.