Back to school shopping

@ch88ss (2270)
I just found a good deal and really want to share this with everyone else. If you have a Target store near you and have kids, you need to go there. Back to school stuff are on Sale, a real Sale. Crayola crayons 24pieces- $0.22. Yes only twenty-two cents for one box of 24pc. (I used to pay $2.99 each box) Crayola markers- $0.89 for a pack of 10pc (thesea re usually $1.50-$2.50 eachpack) Crayola washable markers - $3.00 for two packs (I usually buy these 2.99 each pack) Notebooks- 5 notebooks, for $0.50. Yes all five for $0.50. Stretachable book covers- 2 for $1.00 (I usually buy these $2.49 each) There are more but these were the two that really caught my attention. I purchased all the 24piece crayons they had on display. (8 boxes, I still need to go back and get more) Yep, I will be going back when they stock their supply tomorrow. I probably want buy at least 24 boxes of those crayons. The Crayons will be included in the goody bags for my daughter's classmate at Christmas time, along with pencils, little stickers, notebooks, and erasers etc. I usually prefer to give the kids these presents instead of candies becuase I know most parents will appreciate this better. I also picked up other on sale items too. My cousin aslo picked up 5 boxes of crayons, 4 boxes of markers and book covers. It is a really good deal on the crayons and notebooks. This sale is better than what I found at Walmart Happy Shopping!
@Barb42 (4225)
So my grandson and I weren't the only ones school shopping at Target today! But we didn't go for supplies. We went for school clothes. And, man,did we find some great bargains. Most things were on sale. We got shirts from $1.78, $3.28, $4.88 and then a couple for $12 or $13. But the $4.88 shirts were actually Cherokee button pullovers! I was so surprised, but pleasantly so! I spent $67 there and got lots of shirts and a pair of shorts for the one grandson. AND, I put in for a card and got 10% off of the total today! I thought we did good. We then went to another mall about 20 minutes away. I went to Penney's and bought $35 shorts for $11.99. I think those 2 pair of shorts were the best buy of the day! I bought both the grandson that was with me and his older brother a pair. Aeropostale also had a good sale at 1/2 off all short sleeved shirt. I got two $20 shirts for $20, saving $20. Of course, if I get one for one of them,I have to buy two. Both boys are nearly the same size - well, actually the younger one that is with us right now is a little taller and a little bigger than his older brother, but they can both wear the same shirts, and believe me,they will.
@ch88ss (2270)
Wow you got great deals too. I went school shopping during my lunch break and was pretty impressed at the sale. I did not have time to check out the clothes section, I got to check that out. Sounds like you picked up a lot at Target and with the 10% even better. Savings do add up when you bargain shop and wait for the sale. I know what you mean, you buy one and you got to buy them both. Maybe you can buy different colors so they can switch so it looks like they got more. I know my sister and I used to switch all the time. I have not been to the mall in a while, I wonder what sale they have too. It helps when they are the same size
@Barb42 (4225)
Oh, we had a ball picking out the shirts. If I had lots of money, I'd have bought more! We got all different colors. I even got one I liked better with my grandson's shorts he picked out. He had picked out one and he told me to put the other one back, but I didn't. I decided one of them would wear the shirt. Couldn't resist at the prices we got! We didn't find any button down shirts, though, that he liked. He wanted long sleeves because he loves to roll them up. We did buy 2 gray pullovers at Aeropostale, but the print on them are different. My grandson picked out his and I picked out the other one for his brother. But we decided his brother would wear all of them.He always does; doesn't matter what belongs to whom. He also wears everybody's socks - even his sisters! He doesn't care, just so they are the 'no show' kind! He is a mess!
@ch88ss (2270)
That is funny. It reminds me of my brother when he was younger. He used to wear our socks too. Oh yes when he was about 3-4 years old, he also tried on our dresses. Yep, he was the only boy and the youngest and baby of the family too. So he wanted to be just like my sister and I. Now he is a grown man and we are going to be attending his wedding in August. Well as long as your grandchildren can learn to share I guess it is a good thing for them all. I wish my kids can learn to share, but they are too far apart in age to even do that.
Our wal mart has I think the same price going on as the target does. Mom works there and said this year the notebook paper is on sale for 5 cents a notebook. Last year they ran 10 cents a notebook. Our target is to far away to make any sale worth my time there. I wish they would put one closer to us so that I could stop going to wal mart. I love your christmas goodie bag idea. That is a wonderful idea.
@ch88ss (2270)
Hi, 5 cents wow, even better than Target. It must be different at my location, I really hate going to Walmart because of the long lines. Walmart prices are usually cheaper than Target, but lately I notice that I got better deals at Target, it must just be a coincidence. Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I will check them out too. I need to bring my son back for his back to school items, he usually wants to pick his own school stuff.
@walijo2008 (4649)
Thanks for the info...I don't have any kids but my sisters do, and I will be sure to tell about this sale. We have a target in our area...its a good deal especially if you have alot of kids, school supplies can get expensive these days...Thanks..
@ch88ss (2270)
You welcome. I am glad this information was helpful. Yes it gets costly when you have lots of kids and so much to buy.