What are your approaches in order to save more and lessen expenses?

@anex08 (868)
I think its not only enough to tighthen our belts but to cut extra inches inside our intestine itself hehehe. Funny but its really happening, almost all citizen are learning to become more wise when it comes to spending money. When almost everything are in highest price ever I do not knew which to pick and what to do in order to lessesn the expenses. Instead of having to dishes each meal, now we only have one. I tried to save more money and cut unnecessary expenses that does not come in the right budget. its really hard to adjust since this is not really my lifestyle but I have to change things the way it is for the sake of saving more money to my pocket. How long have you started tighthening your belts? How hard it is for you to adjust?
@mimpi1911 (25454)
anex Previously I was very extravagant in everything but nowadays I have cut hugely on any expense.I think twice before I spend. My health regime has done the trick. I have cut down hugely on chocolate, butter, cheese, creams, meat.....that takes care of the expense as well. Another thing is that, I have surrendered all my credit cards. I find them to be very much tempting. Now, I only use Debit card... And guess what, its not that hard - just matter of practise.
@anex08 (868)
Maybe I should surrender my credit card as well but not the one that I am using with my business. Using credit card in my buy and sell business was really a big help for me. I am trying to cut down on expenses nowadays and try to save more money as well.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Yes it helps but since you cant try to keep a check on it. good luck!
@anex08 (868)
Thanks for the advice
@bjcyrix (6910)
To answer your question directly, I have been tightening my belt most of my life. That means ive been trying to save most of my life but since one of my luxuries is food, my savings are just spent on good food. I was a fat kid and they used to tease me that my Mom always leaves me in the kitchen. I may have shed the baby fat but my love for food has never waned. Im being contradictory arent I?LOL! I 'tighten my belt'(save) through other things like planning a day's budget and never let myself go overboard. That way I get to eat the food I need and I have some extra for my piggy bank. Sad thing is that with my school work I always need something photocopied or pay fees for orgs and stuff so most of my savings goes there. I really dont like to ask my parents for these kinds of things. They pay a lot for my tuition already and some for my daily allowance. I try to help out a bit in my small way. These price changes really doesnt just change the price dont they? But they change the lifestyles and how people live in general right?tsk3
@anex08 (868)
Yes, you are difinitely right. Im a slender type but Im a bit choosy when it comes to food and that is my only vice, good food a really good one. So mostly my spending is on lots of good food, but since prices is getting harder and harder to reach I think I really have to start tightening my belts now and adjust it more tighter in the future... Huh!! life's becoming unfair these days.... wahhhhhh!!!
@bjcyrix (6910)
yeah it really is, time for a lifestyle change.tsk3
@cripfemme (7715)
I haven't really done much belt tightening as I am getting more jobs than I was before so I'm lucky in that way. However, as the disability transit (we call in the paratransit) has gone up in price substantially I have been taking the regular public buses more often because they're cheaper. It's a little less convenient, but hey, it's a few bucks in my pocket.
@anex08 (868)
You're right. Goodluck to you and thank you for responding..
@reckon21 (3487)
I do some cost cutting on my groceries. I don't buy things that is not important. I don't buy junk foods anymore. Including my favorite soda. I don't watch movie every week anymore. I give up many things just for the sake of saving more money.
@anex08 (868)
I will start doing that. I 'd love dining out with my favorite resto, I am a little bit choosy when it comes to food so now that everything is in the highst price , I think I really need to save more and cut every unnecessary expenses.
@rrdj71 (696)
Well, the first thing I am doing is instead of going to the regular supermarket to buy my produce and seafood I now go to the Farmer's Market. It SO much cheaper. It has cut my grocery shopping bill exactly in half!!
@anex08 (868)
Wow! That's nice tip. thanks for sharing