More time in a day ! What are you going to do ?

@alokn99 (5717)
What if the concept of time changes from what we understand it to be ? From 24 to 30 hours in a day and like 7 to 9 days in a week. What would you do with this additional time ? Would you still say time flies so fast or would you get a little more bugged, because you have nothing to do ?
@dpk262006 (56484)
I think even if you increase the duration of a day from 24 hours to 30 hours, life will be more or less the same. People will take more time to execute a task than they normally do, I mean if I take one hour for completing a task, I may be spending one and half hour for the same, thinking that I have plenty of time to spend (waste...LOL!). People will spread their tasks in such a manner that after some days you would hear them telling that they are running short of time every now and then.
@alokn99 (5717)
Agreed. More time would probably result in us spacing out our tasks as well. So we still land up in where we are today. Thanks for the great response.
@dpk262006 (56484)
Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation.
@dpk262006 (56484)
Alok! Many thanks for the Best Response. I am delighted. You made my day.
@bjcyrix (6910)
That is definitely a really good question. For me if times and dates were that much longer I would say that I just have enough times to do things in a day but I can say that that wont be exactly and necessarily true for the long term. I mean when months pass by even if there were 30 hours a day and 9 days a week I would still say that time flies so fast because we usually say that when things have already happened and that we cant do anything about it anymore. I would much love it though if hours in a day and days in a week would be that much because if I had all that time in a day and a week I can definitely do all of my work on time and I might even be early with things. I like to live a balanced life and that means equal rest, work, and play but since life is busy and we could just squeeze in some sleep and would have to sacrifice work or play or either one of the other just so we could fit in all of the things that we need to do as well as the things that we want to do in a day.
@alokn99 (5717)
So, now you get the time to balance your life. Well, enjoy it till it lasts. Have a great weekend and thanks for the response.
@bjcyrix (6910)
I think I force it to be balanced. LOL! Cant really wrestle with time and wasted time is just such a shame but with all the activities of people in the world having a few extra hours/days just might keep everything in check.
@alokn99 (5717)
Thanks again
@mimpi1911 (25454)
alok, such a unique discussion! Just imagine 6 hours more in a day and two more days in a week and let me add 3 holidays a week as well!! It sounds like a bliss. All the work would be perfectly settled, more fun time, more time to freak out with friends, more me-time. Thinking about it so thrilling itself!! But dear, do you think that would be the case? I have no doubt at all. It's out and out a myth and a make believe world of should have beens. Trust me, on the contrary, we would end up having more working days, more work pressure, more deadlines, more sleepless nights.........I can go on and on and on...
@alokn99 (5717)
Very very True, It's nice to dream about all the things that we could do with all that extra time . Having said that, we have to face the truth, that this extra time would only mean we get more caught up in the mundane activities and further complicate the way we lead our lives. Mimpi, Thanks for your most meaningful response. You know where I get my inspiration from to start off discussions like these. Smiling.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
you are lovely... I am all smiles....
Hey there, I think when that happens then people will take more and more steps to adjust to the changes because that is what human beings do: they adjust to everything around them. How long would it take to adjust may take a few months but with the information technology that is available nowadays it's not gonna take a great deal of time. I personally think that if this happens then I hope there are 3 off-days in a week.
@alokn99 (5717)
It would be good to have 3 days off in a week. You are right in assuming that we would land up in adjusting our lives over a period of time. Cheers.
Seven days to nine days a week.. i dont approve.. because i have to put extra days in my office..but 24 hours to 30 hours i welcome..as i could spend another 6 hours for SLEEPING..Hey.. i am serious.. i love to sleep.. sleep.. unless somebody wakes me up.. i sleep all day long...
@alokn99 (5717)
Extra work , yes that will be there, but I suppose you would get paid more for it. But sleeping for another 6 hours ? Yeah I suppose you could, you sound pretty serious about it too. . Thanks
@leateagee (3667)
Wow! I really wish a day is not just twenty four hours because I need more time. I really wish I could organize my other hobbies. I love to do cross-stitch too but now, it was in one corner because I have lots of work. I wish I could organize my stamp album because it is really messy and I can't identify which is which now. Its a waste if I don't put it in order. I wish I could wash my clothes and my bed sheets in the day time. LOL. I wish I would have time to read pocket books. I miss sitting down and flipping a page after I read one. Well, so far those are the things I thought I'd been longing to do for a long time now. What about you? What would you do? Take care =)
@alokn99 (5717)
That is certainly some good ways to deal with the extra time. I'd go with the stamps too. I know mine are in a mess. What I would do ? Finish whatever I have to within that extra time so that I get myself a long long weekend holiday. Cheers and have a great day.
@zhaosonghan (1039)
Nine days in a week?it is still five days to work and four days to free?.If it's cool!hah,but i really don't know i deal with additional time,,i think i will go to the library.
@alokn99 (5717)
I suppose you would have to work for atleast 6 days. The library is certainly a good idea, to read and learn. Thanks and have a good day.
Whenever I find myself with a lot of extra time I always end up exercising. It keeps me busy and makes me healthy too. It also makes me happy because of the endorphins your body makes when its gets exercise.
@alokn99 (5717)
It's good to keeep yousrself healthy. Thanks for your response