Single parent?

@Humbug25 (12551)
I am a single mum to three boys aged 3, 5 and 7 and at times it can be difficult. When they are fighting there is no one to turn to and say 'you sort them out I did it last time'. I can't just nip off to the shops to get some milk without taking all three of them with me when it is only going to take me 5 minutes. I am sure there are many scenario's I could think of but I love my kids so very much and couldn't imagine life without any of them and wouldn't have it any other way. What is the hardest thing you find about being a one parent family? How do you overcome your problems?
From what you have said, i could find that you are a good Mom, caring and affectionate to your kids..But you must be having a great bit of patience to manage your three kids.. They would be testing your patience long and hard..very often. isn't so Humbug.. Enjoy mylotting.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hey there 's' (your name is so long!!) Thank you for your kind words. I am often told by the lady who lives across the road from me that I am very patient with my kids and doesn't know how I cope! she has 3 girls a bit older than my boys and she says it is hard for her and she has a husband, a hands on husband, I hasten to add. Thanks for responding
Sai you could call me,Humbug.. Maintain your patience.. that is the real, mark in life.. because of short temper and anger, i have lost many good things in life,.. and by now i have learnt it in a hard way.. Sai.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi sai It is good you have learnt and sometimes learning the hardest way is the best as you will not be hasty in the future
• Slovenia
I'm not a single parent but I really admire you guys out there!! :) Even being a parent with a significant other can be sometimes hard... I don't have children (yet), & I admire all parents out there... A lot of parents here where I live rely on the neighbours or relatives a bit.. so they leave kiddies with grandma or the neighbour.. Sometimes the neighbours are paid for it, sometimes it's 'volunteer' work.. elderly women in retirement or young teenage girls may delight in looking after the kiddies!! :) Or, you could have a 'support system' with other single moms...? I just read in a book how two single moms set out to live together, helped each other with kids etc., & eventually bought a duplex together!! I think it will get easier as kids grow a bit.. 2-year-olds need constant looking after & being on your feet after them!! :) There are a lot of books or DVDs or TV series for dealing with kids & 'how to talk to kids so they will listen' (this is the title of a very good book), maybe some could give you more ideas how to talk to them etc.? (you could check the library..:)) It's good to keep them occupied, so they are not bored.. Positive consequences are very good too.. (we'll ____(do something fun)____ immediately after you __(settle down - or whatever you wish them to!)__' ) In her book 'Wishcraft' (it's free online as pdf, if you search for it) Barbara Sher says how she gave her daughters 'the gift of giving' when she asked them to make supper for her.. It's really wonderfully written.. she had an ingenious way of asking them too.. The daughters (5 & 8, I thing) helped with delight, & their single mom was soo really happy too!! It's always good to tell them how they are 'big brothers', & how the little ones look up to them etc. Good luck with the kiddies!! :) Ages 5-7 are my favorite too!! so enjoy the good bits while you can :) /kids that age love stories, fairytales, humour.. maybe you can intertwine those with what they are doing or what you wish them to do, you can create stories together, one sentence at a time, etc.)
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hello LadyStrawberry Thanks for the info I will look it up. Most of my problems lie when I am preparing dinner and they are left more or less to entertain themselves and get into fights. They do have consequences but sometimes it falls on deaf ears. It's tough but I do cope and we do get through it!! Thank you for your response!