fJuice while eating

I have seen one of my friend drinks juice while eating rice. In India we don't it. He said its ok to drink juice while eating rice as lunch and dinner. what do you think guys?
@movicont (495)
Uhm, I don't see anything wrong with drinking juice while eating rice? Does it cause health problems that I've never heard of? Always thought it was perfectly fine. My parents (from China) did make up some rumors about how drinking water while eating rice would cause digestion problems, but I couldn't believe them since slurping soup (which they suggested as alternative) is basically the same thing.
Even in India people say that, drinking water between the meals may cause digestion problems.
Each person has their own preference. I am not a fan of fruit juice, so I don't drink i no matter what I'm eating. If you like it drink it, if you don't like it, don't drink it.
Its not the question of liking buddy. I am just curious whether its good to drink while eating
I think it is a wise tale not to eat rice and drink juice together. We have a wise tale in the USA not to drink milk and eat cherries. Well I have and I am still here.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,Vidyagouri!It is not good to drink fruit juice or water while eating your meal, it is good to drink fruit juice in empty stomach.and water you can drink only sometime after the meal else it may effect your digestion.thanx.
@brimia (6584)
I've heard it's bad to mix fruit/juice with other foods because it digests quicker and if eaten with other things it takes longer to move through and then ferments. I myself drink very little juice. I usually just drink water at meals. My father grew up only drinking liquids in between meals not during because it hinders digestion.
@cncoke (439)
I don't think it's right to drink juice while we are eating.I think it's better to drink juice sometime before or after a meal.
@Mitraa (3188)
Though food habit is confined to the choice of the particular person, there are certain rules for food and feeding! In this context I may say an old saying, "Aap ruchi khaanaa aur par ruchi pehennaa!" That means eat by your own choice and dress up by others choice. In my locality I have seen that during riping season of mangoes (summer), some people particularly in villages sqeeze the local ripe mangoes on plain rice, mix the juice with rice and eat with much satisfication! I have also tried few times and enjoyed the sweet and juicy taste of rice like this. But I haven't tried drinking juice separately during my meals. Your friend has really a juicy choice! Thanks for this juicy topic!