sleeping late...

@vanities (11351)
Davao, Philippines
yesterday was a very tiring and yet happy day for me and my family.. my daughter finally arrived..but not to what i had expected to..she was just visiting again!! since his employer or the manager itself advices her not to do so and was given a raise for that matter and giving her the time off for just a week..my gosh..all my plans for her dissolved in just a wink of an eye..and leaves me sad and yet happy at the end of the day..which causes me to sleep very late last night..my daughter told us that she was engaged just last week and cant imagine how his boyfriend made the proposalsince her bf is working abroad and made it in the net!!so unconventional!!im hoping for the ring planted inside a cupcake or in a glass wine or whatever..but neverthless im still or both of us(husband ) were happy..especially when the bf talk to us last thru the net again and ask her hand for marriage..so cool huh!!now im so excited!!!what causes you to sleep very late at night..?
@arkaf61 (10891)
Oh and you were so excited about having her living close to you. But I guess they find it's important for her to stay there since they even gave her a raise and everything. A nice raise is nothing to throw away :):) ANd then you had those nice news and even had a chance to talk to her bf over the net:):) All in all it wasn't a bad day and of course with all the things happening it's understandable that you would have trouble sleeping. Were you able to actually rest that night?
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
got only 4 hours sleep actually..
@arkaf61 (10891)
Well, at least you were able to sleep 4 hours..- which isn't much LOL
O! just i was telling my friend and Mom,. how you felt when you heard that you daughter is planning to settle in your country..as i used to share some posts about good feelings of my friends here, to my family members.. Now, just as you, me too is sad.. I could understand the undissolved sadness in your heart that is just being covered by a shallow joy.. and also i must hasten how quickly you will take things as it comes.. And it is pleasant news to hear about the engagement of your daughter.. And these thoughts and regurgitations would have caused you to sleep late, than of hard and busy schedule.. Am i correct friend?
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
well you are!!anyway i really cant convinced her ..but i had talked with her fiancee and contemplating to live in here(not in my home though)and give me a rating of 90% (possibility)..not bad..so i guess getting married makes her come back and live near with us soon..
@Rosekitty (19500)
• San Marcos, Texas
I'm a late sleeper and go to bed about midnight or 12:30 and wake up about 6am..don't sleep much always have something to do.lol Congrats!to your family!
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
thanks for responding and your welcome!!
@jillhill (37354)
Aw....that's too bad she won't be moving back but good for her on being engaged! That's kind of cool to ask for her hand in marriage!! Good luck on your sleeping!
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
it was really..but what can i do its her decision to make not mine..i guess when our children reach maturity we really cant dictate them of what they will do or decide..and i had to live with it..but still happy for her engagement..shes not getting any younger shes be 26 this december..as of now we are busy planning about the house they are going to buy and the wedding..
@zeroflashx2 (2491)
That's really nice to hear. I wish them all the best. Anyway, yeah those are one of the reason why I sleep late (although my work is on the graveyard shift, 9pm-6am ) is when I get excited about something or if I have lots of things on my mind. It's too bad, I'm a very hard thinker and I think even of the small things. I do loosen up a few moments after though. I usually don't sleep when I don't feel good though. Whenever I had a very rough fight with another or a serious conflict, I just relax first and sleep when I get tired.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
thanks zero for your response
@gr8life (6253)
Hello vanities, At least it still brought so much joy to you and your family. I understand that you feel a bit sad for not having her with you anymore but as long as she is happy, I guess as a mother, you should be happy for her too. Well, that is the good and bad thing to have all the latest technologies. He proposed her on the net? I don't know and can't imagine how it would be in the next 10,20 years. Maybe when the time comes, my son will have a video conference with his going to be fiancee's family just to propose her!