Would you ever pick up something gross or disgusting with your bare hands?

I guess everyone has their own definition of what's gross and disgusting. For me, gross would be handling a plunger without gloves or reaching into a toilet to fish out a credit card. I am very squemish when it comes to picking up things with my bare hands. Don't ask me how I managed to do a year of cloth diapers when my daughter was born. I was happy to do the job for my daughter, but that didn't mean it wasn't gross. What's the grossest thing you have to clean up in your daily life? Do you always use gloves or go bare?
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
No Beauty but maybe with my bare feet..LOL..I have had the unfortunate happenings of stepping in the wrong stuff..hee hee..now don't laugh and i know you are but my feet are clean and not gross anymore..
Yep! Last month my big cat got sick from a new cat food. He threw up everywhere. Guess what I stepped in on my way to the fridge in the dark!
The older I get, the more often I wear gloves. I guess I would take care of some gross stuff bare handed if I had to, but I have plenty of gloves around.
I'm a glove person too!
Yuck! No, I don't touch gross or disgusting things with my bare hands. We often run into problems with mice. I set mouse traps. The traps are successful. I go to great lengths not to touch the traps with the mice. I first started out by putting the trap down on top of a newspaper, so that I could pick the trap and its contents up by the four corners of the paper... When traps started disappearing, I started tying them down. Then I realized that if I tied one end of the string to the trap and the other end to a solid item, then I could simply untie the solid end and dispose of the whole trap only by handling the string. Yuck! (Interesting thread!)
@laglen (19782)
I have had some pretty gross jobs. Outside of the house I would always wear gloves. At home, I use bare hands then just wash my hands really good! The grossest thing? I don't know that I could narrow it down. I have worked with kids and adults. Adults with every level of disability. Use your imagination!
grossest thing..hmm.. probably a counter full of batchelor brother created dishes. i have never seen a cookie mold to a plate before.if it's green,and it ain't christmas,time to throw them out,bro. didn't have gloves,but i sure bleached my hands afterward
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I can't think of anything more gross than cleaning the toilet but it has to be done and I do do it and with bare hands. The reason I do it with bare hands is because I put lysol in the toilet bowl first to sanitize it first then it won't hurt me. Besides, I have antibacterial soap to wash my hands with. Now want to hear something really gross? lol Long time ago, a boyfriend of mine had a male dog. I had a female dog but she lived with my parents and when I'd bring her over my place, the male dog would get excited and would try to mark his territory on the couch. The first couple of times I couldn't catch him in time but the last time he tried I grabbed his privates and twisted it! Down went his leg and tail between his legs and he never ever tried to do that again!! I didn't twist hard but enough to make him understand that it was a NO!! NO!! and he got the message that time! lol I figure this, I have soap to wash my hands with so I was fine. It worked!! LOL
@WATARIKENJI (1534)
I guess getting something out of the toilet bowl. BE it soap, towel, etc.