Why are people greedy ?

Mauritius
My love wants to start this dicsussion. On behalf of her research, she wanted to know your opinions about- Why people are greedy in this modern world ? Please contribute your thoughts to make her research easier. Thanks
@shav9292 (928)
i think it is the survival of the fittest.if you are not good enough you will be thrown to the dumps.that's why people say you got to do whatever it takes. there is too much competition now a days.i know being greedy is a bad thing but that's what it is.its like a trend now.you really cant trust anybody but yourself. tell your your future wife that i said hi.and good luck with her research.
• Mauritius
I will convey your regards my friend. Yes, it's indeed true that it's like a trend now - greed is enchaining itself from generation to generation. Nice response. Keep it up
@shav9292 (928)
thanks a lot for the pencil. :)
• Mauritius
No formality in friendship
@jammyt (2824)
I think because life right now is really hard. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and people are just doing what their instinct is telling them. They are just trying to survive. Sometimes though, these greedy people do not realize that they are already hurting others in order to survive. And well, some people, don't care and are just plain greedy.
• Mauritius
I really appreciate your response when you said 'people do not realize that they are already hurting others in order to survive'. Well said friend. Keep it up !
@Frederick42 (2019)
It is true that people are becoming greedier and greedier and there is a reason for it. Prices are going up like anything. People do not know how to cope with the inflation. People need so many things to but. The luxuries of the past has become necessities of today.