making house rules for kids - could you share some of yours?

I am trying to make up house rules for children. I would really like to know if you have done the same and maybe share some of those? My children range from 4 - 7 so it needs to be pretty simple. Has this also helped your household?
My children are 4 and 8, and yes I have rules, but I think too many rules, can lead to negative results. Anyway here are the ones that must be followed no ifs ands or buts 1- no shoes in the house 2- no running, jumping, or skipping in the house 3- no jumping on the beds 4- keep your hands to yourselves 5- take your dishes to the sink after you are done eating 6- pick up your room every evening 7- we homeschool so during the summer and weekends you can wear just your underwear if you want, but during school appropriate clothing must be worn 8- no name calling 9- no answering the phone, doors or windows when mommy is in the shower 10 and probably the most important rule in my house, never ever open the door, or window, without mommy or daddy giving permission. Unless of course there is a fire and they need to get out, even if it is someone they know outside and they are telling you to open the door, never ever do so. That one is punishable via a spanking if it is done.
@nanciem (1106)
Hi Kimberylynn! We have house rules here, my son is only 2 but the house rules apply to the entire house and anyone who may enter. We have rules of : Being polite Clean up after yourself No yelling, discuss No Hiting No sassing When someone speaks, take time to listen When someone hurts, take time to listen Eat dinner at the table with each other NEVER dismiss anyone who has a thought Read 1 book each day, alone or with Mommy & Daddy No shoes on the couch Most of all Love each other and Know you are loved Be nice to the animals , Buddy & Casper (our dogs) These are very simple rules, but for us they work! I actually have them posted in our hallway so everyone can view upon entering our home. Hope this helps!
@bamakelly (5194)
I have one four year old who is soon to be five. I realize that I don't have as many as yourself, but still rules are rules. I don't like having every toy from my son's room in the living room, especially if we have kids for company. No screaming is allowed and no stomping. Playing or jumping on furniture is a big no-no. Not to mention the stunts that go along with jumping from the sofas. I can't think of much more right now but I am sure you will receive some more tidbits.