Our Troops got snubed big time by Obama!

@Lakota12 (42681)
Here is a letter from one in the service in Afghanistan Title:Senator Obama's visit to Afghanistan Quote from the body of the letter Cold! This is a guy that use to be in my ward - so someone I know personally. He is the father of six and currently serving in Afghanistan. This is his take of Senator Obama visit to 'the troops'. Kind of a different take that what you will see on the news. Make of it what you will. ~ Sheri Hello everyone, As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened. He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram. As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service. So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you. I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country. If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake. In service, CPT Jeffrey S. Porter Battle Captain TF Wasatch American Soldier Now take Obama for what he really is a not so good person . I would say that the main thing would be to go see the troops not snub them What about you? ?
I believe it. He just rubs me the wrong way. He seems like a completely fake person. He changes his ideas left and right, he won't put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, he treats people like crap. I don't understand how everybody doesn't see that. I really hope Obama doesn't win. I wish that this letter could be everywhere so people could see not just the mylotters. They need to know what kind of person he is. You said the guy that wrote the letter is a friend of yours, if you talk to him or write him back tell him we appreciate him and the rest of the troops for all they do and they do not know how important they are to our country. I wish I could be there to shake their hand.
@Lakota12 (42681)
thanks for responce . and I will write the person who knows this man and let them know!. The most moving thing is to be at the airport when troops come home and every one claps as they come off the plane . I been there to get my son so I do know that people really do appreceate what they are doing over there.
Sorry Lakota but much as I dislike Obama I have to tell you the email in your discussion is false. For the truth check our the snopes link. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp
@Lakota12 (42681)
I am sorry too. Fior the person that sent me this know the person that went to church with the fellow . Even snopes aint up to telling the truth all the time. Read it again it does say the media wont print it like in the letter from this fellow!
July 25, 2008 Obama-bashing G.I. retracts claim senator 'blew off' Afghanistan troops Today’s Daily News reports on an Obama-trashing e-mail ricocheting around the Internet, which is signed by a soldier who allegedly saw the Democratic candidate in Afghanistan. It sparked a fierce partisan debate across the blogosphere yesterday over its authenticity. The e-mail certainly appeared at first to be a budding Snopes classic. Websites posting the soldier’s screed attributed it to an officer from the Army, Marines or Air Force - a sure sign of a fake, right? The News reported it wasn’t actually a hoax letter - though the military officially disputes the e-mail’s factual accuracy. The original poster attributed the message to an anonymous Air Force officer in the hope it would give the author, a Utah Army National Guard intelligence officer, some cover. But the Army captain’s wife had already forwarded it to others who posted the e-mail in full with the couple’s names. In his e-mail (read the full text after the jump), the Task Force Wasatch “battle captain” beefed about the Illinois senator supposedly breezing into Bagram Airfield this week and blowing off G.I.s on his way to a staged photo-op to play basketball. “I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don’t understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country,” the captain wrote. Now the Bagram captain is dialing back, having signed the viral e-mail with his name, rank and unit - a possible violation of military regulations barring political statements. This morning, he sent The Mouth a new statement (punctuation corrected): “I am writing this to ask that you delete my email and not forward it. After checking my sources, information that was put out in my email was wrong. This email was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the email and if there are any blogs you have my email portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too. Thanks for your understanding.” An Army officer familiar with the incident told The Mouth today that the writer is “devastated that the letter was made public. It was never his intention that it go beyond members of his family http://urbanlegends.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=urbanlegends&cdn=newsissues&tm=45&gps=119_1357_1276_550&f=00&su=p504.1.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2008/07/obamabashing-gi-retracts-claim.html
@Lakota12 (42681)
Yup I read that also . But also the media was very down on him with his visit over seas this time for he still bypassed the troops! and the hospital whetre the won=unded were cause he couldnt take the cameras in. Even Mc Cain was upswet about this . Have you heard of a Gag order? this is what is happening
Well...what a fine how-do-you-do this is...NOT!!! I cannot imagine why anyone campaigning for the office of the President would act this way. Does give one reason to pause alright. Snubbing the troops...not a great statement that is for sure. Thanks for posting this and giving members a chance to have another snapshot of the Obama in action. Raia
I would have believed this if I had not checked it out in snopes and it is NOT TRUE check this link for the truth http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp
@Lakota12 (42681)
Yes and it was also all ove the news yesterday or maybe it was Sunday of how he didnt have time to go see the wounded for he couldnt take the cameras in with him but he went to play basket ball? How about that !
Lakota than is really rotten and I referred to that in my discussion reveals all of Obama's misdeeds on his tour. http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1625488.aspx?p=2#1_9019224
@academic2 (7009)
• Uganda
Remember, that captain is not speaking for the American Army-he is speaking in his individual capacity-you dont want to tell me that when bush dines with soldiers in Iraq, each and every soldier likes him for causing so much pain to the American Marines, now living in the trenches instead of sleeping with their warm bodied wives in Texas? Consider this as an Isolated case-Obama will be the Commander in chief if the American people decide-these captains you write about will have to swallow their egos and take orders from Obama, including the orders to withdraw to the shores of the Atlantics! I am sure the Captain is enjoyng the music in Afghanistan-it is not the kind of tune Obama would have visited upon them!
@Lakota12 (42681)
Of course all dont like Bush. and I know its his point of veiw . I am in dear hopes Obama dont get there! He wont evenb fly the flag when he visited France and I think Germany and he appaulagiezed for America! I dont like this man at all!
@Lakota12 (42681)
PS My son has been to all the wars HIs Col. said he had been deployed more than any other Airman he knew!
@twoey68 (13651)
Usually I'd take this with a grain a salt...but Hubby says the same thing was in the news and also that while BO was over there that he wouldn't visit the soldiers that were in the hospital area either. Sounds to me like BO could have just stood in front of a painted background and took the pics and saved the plane fuel. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@Lakota12 (42681)
yes thats true he wouldnt go to the hospital to see the troops there for he couldnt take the cameras in. SAd. I wasnt ever going to vote for him and now more qand more is coming out that no one in America should like hium t all .
@twoey68 (13651)
I don't see why the cameras not being able to go in should have stopped him from going in to see them. Sounds pretty selfish to me. I really hope he doesn't get into office. Of course, now theres some news story about how the birth certificate he released on his website is actually his sisters and how he's refusing to release an official birth certificate. If it's shown that he's disqualified from running that would put Hillary back in the running and although I'm not crazy over her I'd take her over him any day of the week. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey LKo, Interesting??? I don't know what he is thinking. I don't vote so I can't gripe if he gets elected BTW I thought you'd be interested in this one: Obama removes American flag image - I thought of you when I read this b/c you always keep me updated on what's goin on in politics these days http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp +'s:)
@Lakota12 (42681)
thanks I had read this in an eamil but ya cant upload the pics on here from and email or I cant. plus I had to take off the last part of URL to obama then look for it aboutJET thanks again.