How old is to old to be a father of a newborn?

I have been thinking and after my fiance suggested that I start a discussion on this topic,I decided to pose a question to all of you male mylotters who are either already a father or planning on becoming a father soon,How old do you think is too old to be a father?Do you think once a man reaches a certain age they are no longer able to be good fathers?Do you think a man who is younger will take care of a child differently?If so,why do you think so?If not,then why do you think not?Do you think that already having a child helps more with a younger father or an older father when it comes to parenting?Do you think that a man who is older is more wise when it comes to being a father compared to a man who is new in life?Right now me and my fiance do not have any kids,but we are planning on having kids sometime in the future,and right now I am 23 years old and I believe that I could handle the responsibilities of being a father,I feel that I am not completely ready,and that me and my fiance are not financially ready,I personally feel that a man is too old to be a father once they reach the age of seventy or so,because I feel they are too old to completely take care of the needs of a baby,I am not saying a man that age would not be a good father,because they could still be a great father,I think that a man who is younger would take care of a child differently then one is older ,because a man who is younger is new on life,and is not completely aware of everything and might not be completely ready for a baby,while a man who is older will have more experience in life and may be more capable of handling the responsibilities that comes with having a child,I think that if a younger man has already had a child then they are more ready for it,but still may not be completely ready,while an older man who has already had a child is more wise on taking care of a child,which I do think an older man is more wise,because with age comes wisdom,I will appreciate all responses I get on this discussion,and I will also appreciate if anyone who responds,does so in a serious matter,the same as I ask with all my other discussions on this fine site,If you respond to my discussion I will comment back to you,but how long my comment will be will depend on how long the response is and how much quality is in the response,have a great day.
Parents come in all ages. Young fathers who don't have a good blueprint for parenting might make some mistakes that an older father might not. I really think that age is a state of mind, if you think you're too old to have a child then you are. I became a father at 32, its still young enough to be able to see my child grow to maturity and old enough to allow some mistakes to bypass because I don't want to make them part of their blueprint. Financially nobody is ready to start a family, but you will make it. Parenting is a huge responsibility but such a rewarding one. Don't discount what you don't know about being a father and just remember to love your child no matter what. The information you'll need will come to you, just be open to help and suggestions.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
It is true that nobody is really financially ready for a baby but I know that my fiance (hellcowboy) and I (somecowgirl) could only hope that we would be close to financially read when we do become pregnant.
I agree parents can come in all ages,and that is a good point young fathers who do not have a good blueprint could make mistakes that and older father would not,and yeah I guess age is a state of mind,and if you think you are too old to have a child then you are,and I am glad that at 32 you were still young enough to be able to see your child grow to maturity,but yet old enough to let some mistakes to bypass because you do not want to make them part of the blueprint,and you make a point nobody is ever financially ready to start a family,and I am sure we will make it,and parenting does seem like such a rewarding experience,and I will always remember to love my children when me and my fiance have them,and I am glad the information I will need will come to me,and I will always be open to help and suggestions,and my fiance is right hopefully we will be financially stable enough when we have our children,thanks for responding my friend,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@riyasam (16578)
i think the legal minimum age where a guy can become a father is 21.the upper limit,i think is between 35-40years as after this age period the baby may have genetic malformations.its up to the indivual to take the risk.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Very interesting
That is very interesting,I have never heard of that before,where did you acquire this information?I did not think there was a legal minimum and maximum age when it comes to being a father,and I believe that no matter how old the father is the baby could have genetic malformations,thanks for responding,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@kbjunior15 (1309)
First, I think you need to be married. A child deserves to grow up in a family where both mom and dad are around. Secondly, I think the age you have children depends ons your own maturity and financial stability. They say that kids born in 2005 and beyond will cost the parents between $250-$500K. That is a lot of money. I myself have two kids now. They are 3 and 4. We did not get married until I was 25. I graduated college, had all my fun and was in a good job. I became a father two years later. My wife and I both have stable, well-paying jobs and we have the financial stability to raise our children. My goal before and now was to allow my children to have the same lifestyle that I had growing up or better. I believe that I am giving that to them. Good luck as you embark on marriage and raising children, my friend.
I agree it is a good idea to be married,and a child does deserve to grow up with both parents around,and yeah maturity and financial stability both play key roles in determining when it is right to have a child,I am happy to hear that you have two children,I am happy to hear that you got married after you got out of college and had a good job,and I am glad that you are both financially stable enough to raise your children,and I know every parent wants to give their child what they had when they were growing up or better,thanks for your well wishes my friend,thanks for responding ,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.
@wa2nlinux (179)
Hi hellcowboy, I already married about 10 years ago (1998), now I'mm 33 years old, so I married at 23 years old. One year later at 1999, I have one kid now he is at elementary school. 5 years after my first son born, his daughter born, so I have 2 children right now. My little girl now at kindergarten on her 4 years old. In my opinion thats was great to have first children at 22-25 ears old of course need a lot of effort to do that. But I believe you'll pass it, together with your wife, with loves, patient and understanding each other. I hope it's useful Wawan 33 years old father
I am happy to hear that you are married,and I am happy to hear that you have two lovely children,and I agree it probably is great to have first children between the ages of 22 and 25,and thanks I believe we will do fine,and I know with me and fiance can get through anything as long as we work together,thanks for responding,have a great day,good luck in your life,and Happy Posting.