GUTLESS COWARD?, Supporter of ISLAM? Something else?

Yes, it is true. Obama is full of nice sounding words. Remember his promise to "Stand with the Muslims" if things turned ugly? I even started a thread in support of Obama's high moral ground position where he said he would oppose any government sponsored discrimination against Muslims. That's fine and good but what of Obama's actions when a decent heroic Muslim standing up for what is right needs his help? Then Obama tucks tail and runs. Read about it here, from the man who asked Obama to help. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/4177 I say Obama refused to stand with this specific Muslim because that hero Muslim was standing up to radical Islam. Obama seems to be a 2 faced lying deceiver. What do you say?
@Destiny007 (5820)
I agree. There is already much evidence that puts Obama on the wrong side of the issue when it comes to Muslim extremists, with his support of some of the politicians and even his own family members back home... and I ain't talking about Illinois. Obam talks a lot and does little more then vote "present", unless it involves some kind of Global Poverty Act, or some other ill-advised legislation that favors the UN and is designed to harm our sovereignty and cost the taxpayers lots of money that could be better spent here...or not spent at all. Obama is all talk... big on promises and little or no substance. His change is not politics as usual... it is politics WORSE than usual.
I am hopeful even some powerful liberals are catching on to this.
@laglen (19782)
I believe that table will turn. not with this person, he has an awful lot of support already. I think Obama will step up when it comes to terrorists. Oh wait, Gitmo, crap http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/06/17/1150569.aspx
I will predict right now that if (candidate) Obama wins the election, his supporters will be greatly disappointed in (President) Obama as he will mostly continue the policies of Bush. Presidents have to react to the situation they find before them. President Bush has already looked things over from the perspective of being President and made the best decisions he could. Contrary to popular opinion, Bush is not stupid. Obama is not stupid either. If Obama becomes President and looks at things from the perspective of that responsibility, he will see things differently, because he is not stupid. How do I know? This has happened again and again in our history. Candidates often change their positions when they have the power and the responsibility.
@laglen (19782)
That is so true, and for the record, I am one of the few, the brave, the proud that still support Bush.
@gewcew23 (8011)
There are Muslim Zionist who knew. Come on Obama only Ron Paul was against this, and really what does that matter. Talk about unity 409-1 when was the last time you have heard of an issue that allowed everyone to agree. When it got to the senate even Richard Durbin, Obama's fellow senator, supported the bill. Well this just goes to show everyone that Obama will not stand my those that stand with us. Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury is one of those moderate Muslims we keep hearing about but never see, so we finally find one and Obama wants to keep him hidden.
Mostly what I saw in a NEW YORK TIMES forum discussing Obama was how smart the man is. This and other things make me think we need to be discussing how intellectually honest the man is. It is starting to look to me Obama is a smart guy who thinks he is so smart that we are unable to understand his thoughts, so he lies to us 'dummies' because it would be a waste of his time to explain anything to us. Either that or he is a confused ordinary liar.
Yup sure seems like a hypocrite to me. I dont see a reason why he wouldnt help out that man. But then again, words are just words and he turned out to be a good politician after all.
LOL... by golly you understand American politics better than millions of Obama supporters.
@clrumfelt (5428)
It is not surprising to me at all that Obama would blow off the group of people trying to free a pro-Israel Muslim, because Hamas has so vocally endorsed him and also raised a lot of funds for his campaign. How would it fare with Hamas if he joined in to help? I think when he says he will stand with Muslims should the wind shift in an ugly direction, he is really either saying he will support the radical Muslim offenders, or possibly support those Muslims who have contributed most heavily to his campaign, radical or not.
The possibility of foreign enemies of the USA, such as radical Islam, covertly slipping funds to Obama is a question that has been seriously asked. To date, there is no proof of which I'm aware, but one does have to wonder.