From the goodness of the heart. It's time for me do the same.

@alokn99 (5717)
I consider myself to very fortunate to have received the help from my dear friends , whenever I have needed it, whether I have asked for it or not. Moreso, it has been always from the goodness of their heart, never expecting anything in return. The least I can and must do , is to do the same , to reach out , to lend a helping hand and be there for people who need it most. Although I've tried and done a bit, i feel now the time now has come ,Its now my Turn and I intend to go about it conciously and in whatever way i can. So friends, I need your guidance to help me focus and further strenghten my resolve. So share your thoughts, your views and your experiences of things that you have done from the goodness of your heart,quietly and not expecting anything in return.
@dpk262006 (56170)
It is really so nice of you that you wish to return the favours to your friends. Alok! I work on a saying - 'where there is a will, there is way'. If you have aredent desire to reach to your friends and to help them out in their advararies, you will definitely succeed. It is a positive thought from your end and when positive thought develop in one's mind, he does reach his goals. You must have been very kind and considerate to your friends, that is why they helped you in your hour of need. I think it is a two way traffic - you would have done something nice to them to get their favours. I always try to help my friends, in whatever best possible way I can. I frankly tell them my limitations and tell them that I will do my best for you. Likewise, they also come forward in my hour of need and this helps the relationship going.
@alokn99 (5717)
Dpk , It's the least we can do and must do. I'm happy that you are able to do the same for your friends. It certainly keeps the reationship going. Really appreciate it, thanks for responding.
@dpk262006 (56170)
Many thanks! Alok! We are lucky to have you amongst us.
@alokn99 (5717)
The feeling is mutual dpk.
@ketybhagat (4125)
This topic reminds me of a real story. An old lady had her car break down on the road. It was dark and nobody stopped. One lone man stopped. The old lady was scared but he soon put her fears to rest. He repaired the car and when the old lady wanted to pay him, he refused, saying, when I was in need, someone helped me. Now you are in need and I am helping you out. Carry this torch of helpfulness along the road. Later that day the old lady stopped to have some coffee and saw the very pregnant waitress, tired and wane, waiting on her with a smile. After coffee, she put some money under a tissue and wrote on it, I hope this helps. When your time is better, carry on helping. The waitress was in tears, for she was down to her last dollar and expecting her baby soon. So if each of us did our share of duty in helping the other some way or the other, the world would be a better place.
@alokn99 (5717)
You are absolutely right in saying that if each of us did our share , this world would be a better place. Thanks for sharing the wonderful story.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Same here, alok. I have been amazingly lucky to have good friends around. So much so that sometimes I didn't even think that that kind of gesture , sometimes out of way, would come from most unlikely associates! And coming to friends, they have been there with me no matter what. And you have rightly said that its our TURN to do our bit. Having said this, no amount of endeavor would match up to theirs. So through this post of yours I would like to thank all my friends for being there with me always. I thank you Alok.
@alokn99 (5717)
Mimpi, I'm really glad you feel this way. And as much as I am grateful and indebted to all the special people like you who have reached out to me , It's not enough. I have to take it forward, and do the same for others and especially those who think there is no hope. There is always hope and always someone out there. We have to only believe in it. I would not expect anything in return, just this ,that they carry it forward, the way I need to. So let's get on with it and try and make that difference in whatever small ways that we can.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
You have said something here which has touched my soul. For even I feel the same way. We should never expect anything in return and when one does the goodness of endeavour gets lost. The give-take policy spoils relationship and I never believe in it. True friends are beyond and above that, I guess.
@alokn99 (5717)
They indeed are Mimpi. I'm pretty sure.
@babyangie27 (5177)
Well when I was in a better place then I am now I helped by giving food to my family or friends that had none,giving money when I could, a shoulder to cry on when someone had no one to cry upon. I have been down to my last buck and given it away. I am also grateful for the times I have been helped in the past. I am facing being homeless now and just someone to listen to me helps so find people that need something and if you can help them then do it. Listen to them cry or help them figure things out. You see no one likes to ask for help. I know because I have been asking for help for 2 weeks now tring to raise money to keep my home. And alot of people have been there to hear me cry and things like that but many others have spoke bad about me asking for help. I think what you want to do is wonderful we should always PAY IT FORWARD,if more people did this I think the world would be a better place.
@alokn99 (5717)
I agree with you that no one likes to ask for help, and i certainly do consider myself extremely fortunate to have recieved it ,without even asking for it. But there are times if you do not ask you do not get. It doesnot come by easy but will come and I'm sure you will recieve the help you need. Yes, Pay it forward , as you say seems to be the right way to put it. Thanks for responding and God Bless.
I hope I do get some help it is not looking so good right now,I am tring to stay postive but it is hard. And I knwo there are many others out there that are facing the same thing it is scary to think of losing your home. I am gald you started this discussion as it brings a way of showing people kindness and also ways to help others. I wish you and all the best
@intimate36 (1416)
• Pakistan
Mostly, when ever I do some thing for any one, I do it. without any expectations..and that is why it is difficult for me , what I did and when....!
@alokn99 (5717)
Thanks for the response.