Female Tatoos

@carolbee (16241)
I've been thinking about getting a tatoo but can't decide what to get. I don't want it on my arms or legs. Just a quaint place such as my lower back or chest area. I love butterflies but that seems a bit too traditional and I also love Elvis. How would the head of a celebrity look on the body? This would be very different. Just a passing thought for a Wednesday..lol
@writersedge (22579)
You could find a very untradtional butterfly and have that. I've seen people's heads on them, not fond of it. Before doing a permanent tatoo, try a temporary one of what you want and see how you like it. Lower back, you won't see it very often and neither will anyone else. Chest area, summer maybe or when you wear certain clothes. Try it temporary before you go permanent. Take care
@carolbee (16241)
Great idea. A temporary tatoo might be the way to go. Would help me decide if this is something I really want to do permanently. Thanks for the good suggestion and for responding.
@writersedge (22579)
Thanks for best responce. My favorite tattoo story was in Ann Landers. A grandmother was trying to talk to her grand-daughter about the tattoo she wanted to get "I want to get a tatoo for my bum that says 'firm'" "But grand-daughter, what happens when you get old and it starts to sag?" "I'll have them tatoo above it, 'not so'" That made me laugh.
@neelygal (1022)
• Bahamas
I think you should put whatever you want.Just remeber its going to be there forever so make sure its something you are going to like forever,lol.Theres an idea of how to spend mylot earnings,lol.
@carolbee (16241)
I never earn enough from myLot to pay for a tatoo...lol Thanks so much for responding.
@garry52 (47)
I've seen lots of female get a tatoo on arms ,legs,even on neck.i think they are nonmainstream.
@carolbee (16241)
Arms or neck would be out of the question. Only leg tatoo I would even consider would be up high on my leg. Not seen in shorts since I don't wear them that short any longer. Thanks for responding.
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Just Make sure it's "Thin" Elvis!There was a Mid 50's Woman seated at one of my tables in the Restaurant I work at Recently..Wearing a Low cut dress,with Me standing while taking their Order,I really didn't need to get a glimpse of part of a tat extending up into Her Cleavage when I got closer! PLEASE don't get one on your Chest!(Your body,it's Your choice,but for Me,ACK!) I can't say I like them much..a Discreet one,fine,that might be visible in a swimsuit,but please,no body Murals!
@carolbee (16241)
It would be a thin Elvis if I decide to do this. It also would be in a place nobody can see. I refuse to wear a bathing suit anymore. Some things begin to sag a little bit with age..lol Thanks so much for responding.
@1grnthmb (2063)
Oh dear. I think that the it all depends on where you get it. I do not think a face would be apropriate on your chest. You husband will feel like some one is watching him. Also remember that it will change shape as you get older unless you are one of those lucky ones who will stay fit for your whole life. I, myself would never get a tattoo. But to each there own. My cousin used to have been a tattoo artist and he was really good at it but he got really tired of looking and peoples private parts. I also had a friend who had a tattoo on her chest one day she asked if I wanted to see her tattoo. I had no idea where it was at so I said sure and she flopped her boob out to show me. I do not think I was ever more embarrassed.
@carolbee (16241)
What a story...lol I would get something small if this is what I decide to do and it would be on an area such as the upper thigh or lower back. Wouldn't want something that will actually show. I see what you mean about Elvis on my chest....how funny. Thanks so much for responding.
Hi carolbee, You are very brave, yes I love Elivis too and it would be really fantastic if you have a head of Elivis on your chest just a little on and maybe underneath it can say "Forever Elvis" or would that be too much? Good Luck. Love Tamara
@carolbee (16241)
Like your idea real well. Until I decide if this is something I really want to do, knowing it won't be removed, I am hanging out in the thought process mode. Thanks for responding.
@tyc415 (5706)
I have never wanted a tatoo myself but if I ever did get one I think I might would want a hummingbird. I love hummingbirds and think they are so pretty. But I do like the idea of Elvis and I think it would look awesome.
@carolbee (16241)
Elvis on my upper thigh or upper arm would be neat so I could see it. I don't wear tank tops any longer so it wouldn't show unless I wanted to show it. Thanks for responding.
well I have a tattoo, and my brother is a tattoo artist, I've always told all of my friends that when getting a tattoo to keep in mind to get something that they know they'll like always. I have roses around my left ankle, I love roses and always will. I recommend not getting something to big, and if anything get it where you can show it off but cover it up when needed. good luck with your choice.
@carolbee (16241)
Exactly. I couldn't and wouldn't have something that stands out like a sore thumb. Just not appropriate for my personality. Thanks so much for responding.
hi there. I have three lovely tattoos on my back. If you are going to have a tattoo make sure that it has a deep meaning for you so you will not regret in the end of having that tattoo.
@carolbee (16241)
I've always been fascinated with butterflies and Elvis. Weird combo but love both. Still haven't decided what to get if anything. Thanks for responding.
@jillhill (37383)
I don't know how it would look! I don't think I would ever get one....but if I did it would be a small rose where no one would see it.....my daughter in law has seven...and you can only see one...on her ankle. It's my granddaughters name!
@carolbee (16241)
One of our kids has 3 and they are in very good taste. Dolphin above her ankle, bracelet around her ankle and one on her toe. They can't be seen when she works because she's in uniform, wearing long pants. Thanks for responding.
@chenmeiyi (973)
oh,that's really amazing,i love it but many people cannot accept it,sad. butterflies,or some other classic designs on your chest or under your neck maybe good choices. take care.
@carolbee (16241)
Years ago I didn't like the fact females had tatoos. Now I think they are pretty if done small. Huge snakes or something of that nature on a female don't look pretty, in my opinion. Thanks for responding.
@ngaspero (851)
Hi, I find them in lower back so nice and exciting, I would rate 2 open wings or something like that..but the place is perfect..good choice Nun
@carolbee (16241)
I would need something that isn't visible to the world when I go outside of the house. Thanks for responding.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I'm not sure about the picture of Elvis even though I am a fan of his also. Personally I would lean more towards the butterfly which I love but who am I to say - for my 40th birthday I went crazy and got a tatoo myself (reqret it a bit myself). I got a 3 in waterfall (my favorite place in nature) and it's on my lower back so can be seen in a 2 piece swim suit but not a one piece - 13 years and my Mom still doesn't know I have it - she would die :(
@carolbee (16241)
I promise not to tell your mom..lol The lower back is a good idea or upper leg also. At my age I don't wear short shorts any longer out of the house. Thanks for responding.
@laydee (12814)
Hmm.. In my opinion, tattoos are not that unique anymore, it seems that a lot of people have them. Most especially butterflies etc. I'm not fond of them and I think they're unattractive and makes the body look dirty. Well, that's just me though. I think tattoos are only pretty if they're newly tattooed, but sooner or later the colors just fade away leaving dirt on the body. Anyhow, whatever you decide of, remember that it'll be there for the rest of your life (unless you erase it). =)
@carolbee (16241)
If I decide to get a tatoo, it would be in a place that is not visible to everyone. Just for the purpose of me seeing it or my husband. Too many tatoos on a body doesn't look nice, I agree. Thanks for responding.
@jonesy123 (3950)
May I suggest not to get a permanent one. What looks nice now may not look so nice in the future. Not only may you get tired of it, but things shift you know... Anyhow, Elvis is a nice idea, if you are a real fan, although that will probably be a bigger tattoo than a butterfly.
@carolbee (16241)
Had to laugh about the part where you mention things shift. This is true with age. Thanks for responding.