So, Obama isn't an elitist snob? Please read on 'cause this is really scary!

@ladyluna (7004)
Hello All, Do you remember when Obama was accused of being an elitist snob? Do you remember the many discussions defending Sen. Obama from his "clinging to guns and religion" comments? Well, you won't believe the words that flowed out of Obama's mouth today, as he addressed his fellow Senators. "This is the moment ... that the world is waiting for ... I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions." Don't believe me? Well, check out the link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/29/AR2008072902068_pf.html And, here's an excerpt from the news report: "Along the way, he traveled in a bubble more insulating than the actual president's. Traffic was shut down for him as he zoomed about town in a long, presidential-style motorcade, while the public and most of the press were kept in the dark about his activities, which included a fundraiser at the Mayflower where donors paid $10,000 or more to have photos taken with him. His schedule for the day, announced Monday night, would have made D!ck Cheney envious: The 5:20 TBA turned out to be his adoration session with lawmakers in the Cannon Caucus Room, where even committee chairmen arrived early, as if for the State of the Union. Capitol Police cleared the halls -- just as they do for the actual president. The Secret Service hustled him in through a side door -- just as they do for the actual president. Inside, according to a witness, he told the House members, "This is the moment . . . that the world is waiting for," adding: "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions." The Atlantic's Marc Ambinder reported last week that Obama has directed his staff to begin planning for his transition to the White House, causing Republicans to howl about premature drape measuring. Obama was even feeling confident enough to give British Prime Minister Gordon Brown some management advice over the weekend. "If what you're trying to do is micromanage and solve everything, then you end up being a dilettante," he advised the prime minister, portraying his relative inexperience much as President Bush did in 2000. ____________________________________________________________________________________ My questions to you are: 1. What??? 2. What the heck??? 3. What the heck is this guy thinking??? 4. And lastly, how is this man not dangerous???
Sigh... Obama is delusional in that he has come to believe his own campaign's lies about himself. I suspect he is not thinking at all. He is 'feeling'. Truthfully, it would be hard to not have all that attention feed your ego to the point of being dangerous.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Red, You've hit a very sensitive 'nail on the head'. Has Sen. Obama become delusional? Has he begun to believe his own campaign marketing? If so, then I'm genuinely concerned. In the whole of my life there have been only two people who I sincerely feared. Both were people who had a tangible effect on my life's circumstances -- and both demonstrated that given enough time, they believed their own deceptions. The psychology of being 'sucked into our own fantasies' is quite complex. Though, no matter how one looks at it, it is deeply troubling.
I don't know what the heck but I do know that people these days seem to admire people like him for some reason.
I still can't believe more notice wasn't taken earlier when he slipped and said "Washington here I come". The next day he changed it to "here we come".
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello WhatsHerName, Would you be so kind as to expound? When did he make this gaffe? Geesh, I'll bet that one ticked Michelle off, eh?
He said it at a victory speech way back when he was running against Hillary. I don't remember the date or anything, I just remember hearing it on the news and was surprised that more wasn't made of it. It just goes to show where his head is at if you ask me.
@rodney850 (2145)
Ladyluna, I have to say his arrogant "overconfidence" does no more than remind me of a childhood fable told to me at bedtime by my mother. You know the one don't you? The Tortoise and the Hare! And we all know how that one ended, don't we!
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Sir Rodney, Ah yes, "The Tortoise and the Hare" -- that Aesop was a pretty smart guy. I will say that what bothers me most about Obama's latest messianic delivery is that he spoke those words to his fellow Senators. Most of whom have much more experience in the Senate, and in life -- as most have been on the planet longer than Obama. So, it isn't as much his over-confidence regarding his "Hope" that he wins the election, it's that he has publicly elevated himself above his professional equals. That troubles me because: the communist leaders of the USSR, Korea, Cuba, and China all exhibit or exhibited that same elitist air.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Sir Rodney, I suspect that it's both. Certainly the Left have spent many decades laying the groundwork for the goal of universal acceptance of Marxism. One need only study the Pavlovian, Skinnerarian manipulation of our educational system to see that. Though, I believe that inexperience and naivety are a crucial component.
@xfahctor (14131)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
The mans arogence seems to have no end to it. He seemed a bit humble when he first came on the scene but DAMNN how fast that melted away and we are shown the real Obama. He is going to be BITTERLY disapointed when he loses. Think gor was a soar loser? That was nothing compaired to the out cry when this man loses. Probably be riots over it. I saw a hillarious editorial on his whole campaign on fox news (yeh, i know you all hate fox but this is funny as helll.) I found it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drwfnGlF_E&feature=related
@clrumfelt (5428)
That editorial is a hoot! Thanks for sharing. Obama is mesmerizing, but I think enough people still have the brains to reject his fantasy. Hopefully the others will snap out of his spell as well and there won't be rioting or any such foolishness when he loses.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello X, You bring up some really disturbing questions: what will the reaction to loss be? And, how will his more radical followers react? What are the possible racial implications? Who hates Fox? Certainly not me. I'll check out the video when I get to a computer with speakers. Thanks for the referral.
@laglen (19782)
In answer to your questions: 1. yup 2. amazing isn't he? 3. the great healthcare coverage he gets? 4. Who said not dangerous?
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Laglen, Talk about keeping it succinct, you've got a real talent there Laglen! I genuinely appreciate that skill. Brevity is sooooooo not my forte.
@gewcew23 (8011)
LadyLuna Obama might be the first candidate for President that can turn his nose up in the air while looking down on everyone. America returning to our best traditions, well if I know my history and I do, one of America's great traditions is isolation. Surely Obama is not suggesting we isolate ourselves from the world. Wait a minute Obama I thought you were the politician of the future. The future is in a never ending struggle with the past. Just like a battle of tug of war, one side will pull the other side. For ten thousand dollars I hope Obama through in a picture frame. If British Prime Minister Gordon Brown is receiving management advise Britain is in trouble. What advise could Obama possibly give anyone about managing anything. What has Obama managed anyways? I have more management experience than Obama does. To answer your four question I must say I do not know nor do I understand what goes on in that mind of Obama.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Gewcew, Hmmm, 'nose up, eyes down'? Well, he's a pretty physically fit guy -- I can see him taking this posture with relative ease. Geesh, if he can dunk a 'three pointer', then he can certainly handle this double-jointed politicking, right? Excellent point about Sen. Obama offering management advise to Gordon Browne. Obama has zero management experience. What could he possibly offer? He's not even managing his own campaign. He's hired professionals to do that, plus approx. 300 advisers. If not for being short on experience, why would anyone need 300 advisers? Talk about too many chefs in the kitchen!
yes, this is really concerning. Here is a man who does not have much political experience to begin with and goes around like he is the expert on everything. His arrogance is the most dangerous thing for America, like the arrogance our current president has. Look where that has landed us now! He can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk? I don't think so, based on his political inexperience and hubris! It will be intesting to see the debates this fall and see how he can defend himself against Sen Mcain.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello AnandMohan, Welcome to MyLot. I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your time here. You're right, all this exaggerated confidence glosses over the thinnest resume of a presidential candidate -- certainly in my lifetime, maybe ever. I'm also looking forward to the debates. I think that will be a huge disappointment for many Obama supporters, as he has shown us that he doesn't perform well without a teleprompter. Geesh, the last debate between Hillary and Obama found Hillary mopping up the floor with him. And, those two are nearly identical on the issues. So, I suspect that you're absolutely correct about this Fall's debates being interesting -- to say the least!
@Destiny007 (5820)
1... Just what you read. 2...Same answer as !. 3...He is thinking that he has no chance of being defeated, and that he might as well get an early start on the job of being president... despite the fact that Bush is still in office... and despite the fact that Obama has NOT been elected yet. 4... He is dangerous in every way imaginable.... On the one hand there is his naivety and lack of experience, and on the other there is his overwhelming pride and sense of entitlement. This idiot actually thinks he can do no wrong, and that because he is slightly leading in the polls, and because the press, Europe, and the Islamic terrorist groups such as Hamas are fawning over him... and because he makes their legs tingle, he is starting to actually believe the BS about it being his time and he is the new messiah. He is an idiot, and a fool. What's more important though... the free pass that the press is giving him is not going to help him make decisions and deal with foreign policy if he gets elected. What he would be is at best a puppet... following the directives of Congress like the obedient servant of Congress that people like Reid and Pelosi want so badly. People like Bush lead... people like Obama do what they are told... Congress has been trying to control the presidency for a very long time, and Obama will give them that.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Destiny, Wow! I gotta' give a special nod to your having answered all four of my questions. (chuckle, chuckle) Hmmm, interesting observation: naivety and hubris all wrapped up in a single package. Which of course makes me think that Chesterton's, Whichcote's and Nietzche's quotes (listed in my reply to Transdisc) are very, very applicable! I suspect that you're 'spot on', Destiny. It seems as though Mdm Pelosi and Sen. Reid (though especially Pelosi) are chomping at the bit to get a nice, green, newbie into the Oval Office. That'd make life much easier for them both. Having control over the Executive Branch would insure that there would be no Justice Dept. oversight of the Congress. No investigations into ethics scandals. No investigations into bribery scancals. No investigations into misappropriation scandals. Owning the Executive is a legislators dream!
@Smith2028 (797)
I'm not sure I would call him an elitist snob, but he definitely knows how to not be humble.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Smith2028, Yes, it would seem that hubris has definitely replaced humility. Thank you for making the symantec distinction. It absolutely is a significant distinction!
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Kennyrose, I suspect that sometimes you give us too much credit. So, will you please expound on the Obama/Sarkozy excerpt from your response to Smith2028? I'm absolutely not disagreeing or agreeing with you -- because I have not seen this media account of Obama & Sarkozy. So, I'm hoping that you will enlighten us, OK?
@theprogamer (10539)
The worst part is that none of this is surprising at all. But of course the detractors will come up with whatever they can Luna... because there is always a perfect reason for anything when it comes to Big O. The quote itself I can see rationalized by the opposition as a return to the "best traditions" (i.e. the 90s) or as "anything different from the last 8 years". As for the presumed president part of the discussion, I'd agree. But I do see how for many supporters and even some against Obama see that he's the next president, like some foregone conclusion. The reasons vary (news, opinion, McLame/McBush not doing much, etc), but the voice/mindset is there. For or against... these are some interesting developments Luna.